Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Age; 14. Occupation: Hitman

Author Topic: Age; 14. Occupation: Hitman
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any benefits in this position?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what's really depressing? The fact that nobody in a position to make a difference seems to give a fuck. Life's quite comfortable above the equator, ain't it?
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..and also apparently in Australia and New Zealand which are described as being part of "the developed north", which leads me to doubt the accuracy of some of the information in my geography textbooks, but there you go. And yes it is depressing.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sssh... don't ruin the sad moment!
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it sad, too, that these kids are growing up thinking there's something noble about what they're doing... and that they will most likely die the same way. There's nothing noble about any of it... it's just sad.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Send them to Pakistan for their trials....
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect, though, that for the bulk of human history, 14 was probably pretty near the median age for our armies.

The really "interesting" thing about the War on Drugs isn't the barely adolescent narcosoldiers, though. It's the disgruntled narcosysadmins. Mmm, new economy.

Cartman
Member # 256

Even with all this information slapping them in the face, Wah On Drugs supporters still don't want to believe their precious little campaign is a complete failure. Never mind that cartels operate with a degree of sophistication the CIA could only dream of. Never mind that most have at their disposal more resources and a larger technological infrastructure than the NSA.

New economy indeed.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm i wonder what kind of benefits package they have. if they have dental, i need the work and IT sound like it would look good on the resume. hmm.. nah id rather not kill people though.. well, not until i see what id be making...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading the article you can expect payments of a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, er or is that pesos? per hit...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What he does is bad."
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fourteen-year-old hitman and son of the Mistress of Understatement.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which means that when he grows up he can expect to become a Master of Understatement, something all hitmen are. The ability to chainsaw your opponent in half then blithely quip to your companions afterward that "he had to split" is apparently greatly prized. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still claim the 'war on drugs' is a gross misnomer.

This hasn't been a war that anybody's been interested in winning.

You wanna win this war, things have to change.

1. No more half-arsed operations. "Seek and Destroy" means just that. Every manufactured product has production centers, distribution centers, and means of transport. Find them. Destroy them. Leave nothing but ashes and spent cartridges behind. Cartel leaders have nice big villas, yachts, limos, private jets. These are all things which blow up real good when you hit them with a laser-guided missile.

2. Everyone on the other side is expendable. Promise the guy on Tier 1 leniency if he turns the guy up on Tier 2 over to you. Once you have Tier 2 guy, say "I lied" to Tier 1, and frag him. Then he can't take Tier 2 guy's place and hassle you later.

3. Investigate ways to attack the crop. Perhaps a bug or mold or virus could be bred to ravage the crop like Dutch Elm Disease and the Japanese beetle.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps