Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Never liked the element much....

Author Topic: Never liked the element much....
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First the Pentium III chip ID number debacle, then Windows XP Activation, now this...
I wonder if we'll be old geezers one day, tellling our unbelieving children about "the old days" of the PC.

TCPA/Palladium FAQ

Discuss.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if that wasn't enough, there's also that obscure little law known as the Digital Millenium Copyright Act which has the potential to make our real and digital lives very difficult.

I sometimes wonder how closely Orwell's 1984 would've come to resemble our current society had the man been around a little bit longer.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gates wants to make the Chinese pay...

I wonder if they have ever registered their copy(ies) of GIF Construction Set...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Prismatically Colored EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the ACLU is challenging the DMCA, so hopefully it'll go buh-bye. the DMCA isn't as bad as the RIAA trying to make it legal for copyright holders to hack computers that might have pirated material. the thought makes me want to kiss my hardware firewall.
IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already have.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scary thing is, I don't know if that guy was joking, or if he was serious.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scary thing is that people still haven't figured out that there's no reason to resurrect weeks-dead topics when they have nothing important to say.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps