Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Firefighters vote to boycott Bush (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Firefighters vote to boycott Bush
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for Vogon's last post...

I believe most board moderators would initiate disciplinary proceedings for the advocation of murder/suicide.

Although I don't necessarily expect that here.

Incidentally:
YOU, Voggy, are the first person to 'make fun' of my job. Therefore, I assume by your statements as to what should be done with said people, that you have a deathwish. Seek therapy.

My gf's abusers are already dead. I believe I mentioned that before.

I don't hate. Hate is a waste of energy.

You are clearly becoming unstable. I suggest you consult a qualified therapist as soon as possible. If your health plan covers one.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You two need to hug, kiss, and make the fuck up.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like you and Omega have done?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're the one he finds sexy.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me congratulate you Robert in finding other people out there who agree with your opinion on this matter. At least, that is, someone other than Omega.

I trust it wasn't too hard in this land of diverse opinion, some 250 million strong, to find people of like mind and who share your point of view.

I guess your presenting these folks as un-biased so I thought I'd look and see what I could find to back up their un-biased position.

Mr. Craig Shirley, or as you have him, Mr. Damning-The-Democrats-With-Faint-Praise.

He's my personal favorite person on your list. Turns out he's not so touchy-feely when it comes to the Democrats.

quote:
Democrats like to steal elections. In fact, they're very good at it." American Conservative Union board member, Craig Shirley [Washington Times, 11/10/00]

"Democrats are about anything but fairness in this election; they are about power, pure and simple. Democrats must destroy the election process and anyone who gets in their way regardless of party. The stakes are too high to be concerned with individual reputations or careers." American Conservative Union board member, Craig Shirley [Washington Times, 11/10/00]

Quoted on the People For The American Way website.

That sounds a great deal like the Republican line during and after the Brooks Brothers Riot as they created a meme about the election as Roger Ebert of all people writes.

But one should expect no less from a person listed on Townhall.com's website as:

quote:
Craig Shirley & Assoc. - Republican media PR firm
Mr. Shirley also has a bio on that American Conservative Union website which states that:

quote:
In early 1980 he directed the Fund for a Conservative Majority's $750,000 independent expenditure campaign in support of Ronald Reagan for President.
and

quote:
In 1982, he served as Communications Advisor to the Republican National Committee and traveled across the country advising dozens of, campaigns and state committees on public relations, political advertising and campaign strategy.

During the 1984 campaign, he was the Director of Communications for the National Conservative Political Action Committee, America's largest independent political committee, which spent over $14 million on behalf of President Reagan's re-election.

In December of 1984 Mr. Shirley formed Craig Shirley & Associates, Inc., a public relations consulting firm. One of his first clients was the Fund for America's Future, the political action committee of Vice President George Bush, through which he served as an advisor to Mr. Bush.

American Conservative Union. Hmm. Don't go anywhere, there's more.

Mr Shirley is or was on the Advisory Board of the Patrick Henry Center along wit such conservative stalwarts as Bob Barr and one Lt. Col. Oliver L. North.

Mr. Gilbert Parker III, young black activist. I love the sub-head of the article you quote from:

quote:
A young black Republican explains why the GOP is the party of opportunity.
Independent Online

The article portrays him as more of a Republican advocate than your out of context quote would alow. And there is this quote as well:

quote:
I don't think the Democrats have ever done anything that was true, meaningful and lasting in terms of establishing African Americans as individual citizens who own their own property and are self-reliant," says 25-year-old Parker, assistant director of the John Locke Foundation, a conservative think tank based in Raleigh.
That is an opinion you might share, but again, it not one of a disinterested political neutral.

And lest I forget, the rest of the quote you posted:

quote:
"The Democrats are better at bludgeoning and better at spinning and better at relations than Republicans are," he says. "But the Republicans are changing that."
Emphasis mine.

Rep. Gil Gutknecht is a Republican member of Congress. As such, a lover of all Democrats. Still, his wasn't much of a quote.

Mr. Michael Moore. I suppose he was supposed to be your trump card? A review of his book on Barnes and Noble says "Bill Clinton: One of the best Republican presidents we've ever had." Sort of like quoting Ralph Nader bashing Democrats, and Republicans, for being too much in the pockets of big corporations. Neither are really big fans of the mainstream Democratic Party. So his quote is not much of a big "oh, I never thought in a million years he'd say that" deal.

As for newsargus.com and Worcester Phoenix, *shrug*, sounds like more liberal bias in the media. [Wink] The Enron quote has a much larger context, which if you'd like to discuss you might want to start a new thread...and the Worcester Phoenix quote, like the Gutknecht quote, doesn't say much of anything.

I'm not attacking these people. I'm listing where they come from. These folks are more than welcome to serve on the Advisory Board of any group or be the assistant director of any Foundation. But why didn't you list where these people come from?

What was it you said?

quote:
A couple of less-biased articles on the subject lead to more clarity.
Or in this case, a couple of more biased people to reinforce your opinion.

I'm glad they share your opinion. However, big whoop.

This proves nothing other than the fact that some of these folks share your opinion. Again, big whoop.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps