Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Forum Competitions » Quote Association: The Revenge

Author Topic: Quote Association: The Revenge
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hereby disown my other game. Now let us never speak of it again.

Anyway, some of you may recall that we've done this before. Simple game. You have to come up with a quote that shares one word with the previous quote. You can't quote yourself, either. And try to make them at least two words, so as to keep it interesting.

"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiot would fight a war on twelve fronts."

- Londo, "Ceremonies of Light and Dark", "Babylon 5"

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
--
Macbeth, Act V, Scene 5

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There once was sex. Everyone liked it. Then Jeff Kardde, God, Roma Downey, and Po traveled backwards in formation towards Pittsburgh. First of Two ejaculated when Simon beat himself with a plastic, battery-powered toothbrush.--The never-ending story 3. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IP: Logged
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only shared word appears to be "a". Give us something that's really connected in the future, MIB. That's the whole point of the exercize.

How 'bout from now on we italicize the connecting word? Might make things simpler.

"It was an accident officer. I was cleaning my fingernails. With a hunting knife. And he ran into me. Backwards. Fourteen times."
- B. Hill

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:::clears throat:::

"And I ran, I ran so far awaaaaaay..." --Flock Of Seagulls

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

an'on
Member # 222

- posted      Profile for an'on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a far, far, better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far, better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

--A Tale of Two Cities

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The greatest line from the greatest book ever written, I might add. :-)

Anyway,...

"Please could you stop the noise / I'm trying to get some rest / from all the unborn chicken voices in my head." -Radiohead, "Paranoid Android"

Omega
Member # 91

Mr. Morden: What do YOU want?
Vir Cotto: I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this. *waves* Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
- "Babylon 5"

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps