Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » DSC 5x01 "Red Directive" ($$$)

Author Topic: DSC 5x01 "Red Directive" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a very long wait, Star Trek: Discovery returns for its final season with two new episodes this week.

I'm not up for recapping the whole episode, so here's just my main thoughts in no particular order:

Saru and T'Rina get engaged! WHEEEEEEEEEEE! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] (Don't look at me like that; this is my ONE 'ship, dammit!)

On a similar note... *Sing song voice* Tilly's got a boyfriend!

How on Earth did they manage to get the Soong android make-up to look right on Fred and NOT on Data himself? Also, yes, there's an android named Fred.

Burnham and Book haven't talked much since the events of Season 4.

The big news, of course, is that this season is a direct follow-up to the TNG episode "The Chase". It turns out that one of the Romulans that witnessed the message from the ancient aliens (now referred to as "The Progenitors") eventually found some of their technology. However, it was apparently so dangerous that he hid it away somewhere. So it looks like it'll be the Disco crew vs. Moll and L'ak in a race to find it first.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that case I bet 400 quatloos that we‘ll get a TNG era flashback.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The season teaser trailer that showed before the end credits flashed a Discotution in some sort of spatial thinger.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:
How on Earth did they manage to get the Soong android make-up to look right on Fred and NOT on Data himself? Also, yes, there's an android named Fred.

What I found interesting is that Burnham talked about informing Fred's next of kin. I'm half expecting there to be yet another Soong descendant out there played by Brent Spiner that they've shoe-horned into the story.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J. Adam Brown was 39 or 40 when he played Fred. Brent Spiner played Data from when he was 38 up to about 53 without his ageing affecting things TOO much. But when he came back to the role for PIC he was 70, and in the dream sequences in s1 it was obviously far too much of a stretch.

So Brown looking better in the make-up isn’t really surprising…

[And as for Spiner’s appearance as nuDataLoreB4 in s3, there was obviously a clear move away from the “classic” Data look to differentiate]

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps