Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Mr. Williamson Bashes Voyager in PCG

Author Topic: Mr. Williamson Bashes Voyager in PCG
SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I quote from his column on pg. 171 of the September 2000 issue ...
quote:
Voyager is the never-ending, no-budget saga of a bunch of lost Starfleet wussies, under the command of a whiny old battleaxe. Each episode digs the pit deeper and deeper --- for heaven's sake, in one episode they brought the in WWF's "The Rock" to battle Seven of Nine in a wrestling match! Next Generation never had to bring in the Hulkster. Roddenberry's rolling in his grave.

Now, mind you, the magazine has gone down in quality in recent months, but I've always had some respect for Colin Williamson's brand of humor and wit. As well as for his criticism.

I think this quote is an appropriate instigator to debate Voyager's position as it goes into its final season. Now Voyager might not be best of the four series, infact probably the worst, but it still had its moments.

Living Witness, Year of Hell, Course: Oblivion, and Equinox will go down in my memory as examples where Voyager, in the name of Roddenberry's sweat and blood, excelled. But there is, like Williamson says, many droning periods during the various seasons that are full of the most dull and bland action and charcters that have ever appeared on television.

Debate.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited September 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited September 08, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To call Voyager the worst show ever indicates that one has never witnessed a great many shows that are capable of opening direct passages to hell with their awfulness.

And they need to give Colin more "eXtreme" games to review. I love those. The reviews, not the games.

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A flawed diamond, when all around is merely coal, is still a diamond.

You can be the "worst" of the Star Trek franchise, and STILL be better than 95% of the drek that passes for TV entertainment these days, on your worst day.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And they need to give Colin more "eXtreme" games to review. I love those. The reviews, not the games.

My sentiments exactly. My favorites would either have to be 'eXtreme Rodeo' or the recent "Swamp Buggy Racing" reviews. His short-lived column on the 'net wasn't too bad either, not to mention the long gone, internet-radio "PC Gamer Hour."

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps