Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager episodes update possible spoilers ���� (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Voyager episodes update possible spoilers ����
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Section 31 reported hearing about a possible Romulan appearance in Voyager. I think that would be cool. Of all the "old" races, Romulans are basically the only ones we�ve seen without a new starship. I mean, the Cardassians went from Galor to Keldon, the Klingons from Vor�cha to Negh�var, the Jem�Hadar from battlecruiser to battleship and the Federation from Galaxy to Sovereign. The Romulans however, have to make do with the old D�deridex. I for one would love to see a new big Romulan starship!

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen that on more pages already. I hope they finally figured out that Voyager should be very close to Romulan space by now.

I saw one rumour about the Romulans being in the coming-home episode, but I don't remember where...

Also, a new ship would indeed be a great idea. I'd like to see something slightly more compact than the D'deridex, but with more internal volume nonetheless. Something faster and more agile would be cool.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. *And*, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!

- Commander Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of agree with you that the new ship should be smaller. However, the trend do seem to go towards bigger ships, I mean just look at the Jem Hadar battleship. On the other hand, the D�deridex is already twice the size of a Galaxy-class starship, so..

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, a flatter, more "thick" ship with more hardpoints would be nice. Perhaps a grey-white design with green nacelles, like all those apocryphal designs of Klingon Academy.
Now if they could just vaporize all romulan tailors and ask Garak for advice, I sooo hate their uniforms. Geekorama.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sovereign class may be longer than the Galaxy class, it is still smaller counting internal volume. And it is a lot more maneuverable. I think that after seeing what happened in the Dominion war, the Romulans need something smaller and more agile. Maybe about 600 meters long.

As for the looks, I think they should stick with green. Maybe a different shade. And the ship definately needs to have a 'fast' look. Something streamlined, like the Griffin or the Shadow seen in the Star Trek Armada (look HERE for pictures).

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. *And*, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited September 21, 2000).]

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Hey, cool ships. Myself, I would have loved to see the Raptor. I say more fighters in star trek. I just loved the starfleet attack fighters.

------------------

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Especially the fighters seen in Playstation game 'Star Trek: Invasion'. VERY cool!

------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's another version of that rumor circulating, too. In that one, the pointy-eared adversaries of our heroes are supposed to be Vulcans. Two possibilities here: either the source isn't familiar with Romulans and simply reported on seeing Spock-like actors on the stage - or then we get to see actual starfaring Vulcans from historical times, probably not yet deprived of their violence by Surak's teachings...

Vulcans are among the races that sorely need more ship designs. So far, the shuttle and the freighter only superficially resemble each other, and the "First Contact" lander looks completely different from these two. I'd welcome an addition to either of these two "families" of Vulcan ships. I wonder what a Vulcan warship looks like...

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Like a Nebula Class (DS9: "Take Me Out to the Holosuite")

------------------

Starship Freak
Member # 293

I know it isn�t considered canon, but we got to see what has to be a vulcan starship in a TAS-episode. It�s on my vulcan starships-page.

------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Flesh and Blood" Spoilers!

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

Apparantly, the "Vulcans" are some of the Hirogen-created holograms. I guess their characters were stored in the doodad Janeway gave them a few seasons back.

------------------
"Have you ever tried factoring Optimus Prime?"

-TSN, TrekSunday, 9/17/00

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Shadow is good, Altair.
I guess we associate romulans with green now, but I don't believe it's required for cloaking purposes anymore, I mean, look at the late Defiant.

About that, did the Sao Paolo get a fresh cloak as well, or was it forced to manage without?

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

I don't think the Sao Paolo has a cloaking device since the porpose purpose of it on the Defiant was to savely explore the Gamma Quadrant because of the Dominion presence.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited September 22, 2000).]

Nim
Member # 205

The Defiant had a porpoise?? What a ripoff!!!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the E-D did, at any rate...

I wonder if the Defiant's porpoise was Darwin, finding a new job after SeaQuest...

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps