Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Holy Flightsuits, Batman... (minor $-Drive) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Holy Flightsuits, Batman... (minor $-Drive)
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A horrible thought just struck me.

What if these are intended to be the standard uniforms for the Voyager crew from now on?

These could be to the FC duty uniforms what the DS9 style was to the late TNG duty uniforms - a distinct style for less formal use. Such uniforms would then gradually seep into Alpha quadrant scenes and TNG movies, like the DS9 style infiltrated the universe during the heyday of the late TNG duty uniforms.

Do we have photo material on this season's other episodes, hopefully confirming that the old black jumpsuits remain in use?

Actually, I think that "Imperfection" already counts as such material, shown as it was out of sequence. But can we be sure?

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two things:
- No rank
- All red

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Riiight.

OK. Fine.

Really.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, wait a minute?
Where are the sponsor banners on the uniform?

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can just picture the ads now...

"This presentation brought to you by...

...Breakfast with Neelix!"

*shudder*

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw the show. As I predicted, they just appear out of the blue. They're referred to as Flight suits, BTW, and everyone in the race seems to have something that's a little tighter and shinier than we're used to.

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gaseous Anomaly: I was refering to the fact that all suits have red stripes, and no rank pips. So since it impossible to see rank and department, it cannot be normal uniforms.

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I think GA was referring to my "No, seriously" statement with that "Oh, really".

In any case, now we know these are "Flight Suits". Could you please clarify if all the race participants wore these exact costumes, or just the "Voyager Team"?

The lack of department colors is intriguing, since unlike the earlier TOS movie-era non-colorcoded uniforms, this one appears at a time when all the standard attire is carefully color-coded. I suspect Paris had something to do with this suit design...

Timo Saloniemi

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just "Team Voyager" wore them.

------------------
Hey fella, I bet you're still livin' in your parents' cellar
Downloadin' pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar
And postin "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er
I should do the world a favor and cap you like Old Yeller
You're just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller

[This message has been edited by Galen (edited October 19, 2000).]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be'lanna: Prepare for trouble!
Tom: And make it double!
Be'lanna: To protect the world from devastation!
Tom: To unite all people within our nation!
Be'lanna: To denounce the evils of truth and love!
Tom: To extend our reach to the stars above!
Be'lanna: Be'lanna!
Tom: Tom!
Be'lanna: Team Voyager blasting off at the speed of light!
Tom: Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Harry: Meowth! That's right!

------------------
"I don't give a good fuck what you know or don't know, I'm going to torture you anyway."

- Mr. Blonde

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm laughing at that. I'm also trying to keep myself from vomiting... :-)

------------------
"I just can't imagine the sort of thinking that went into making up that story. Oops, sorry for cutting your head off, here, have another. Human? No, only elephants around I'm afraid. Want a lolly?"
-Simon Sizer, 18-Oct-2000

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps