Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » STAR TREK SERIES 5 IDEA

Author Topic: STAR TREK SERIES 5 IDEA
DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see a series set far from the battlegrounds of the Dominion War maybe at the opposite end of Federation Space. We could see an Akira class starship which is given the responsibilty to protect this unstable region of Space. This region is about 50 light years wide and with Starfleet putting all it resources into the War at the opposite end of Federation space the situation looks hopeless. This would recapture some of the original series magic and would have this situation which ran for the whole series. The Spieces in this region are
Halans:-located 50 light years outside Federation Space newest member to the Federation where the Akira class ship is stationed. Eager to please
Klingons:-There space is near this region but they don't play a major part as they did in DS9 or TNG.
Realins:-located 13 light years from HalanThey are the major baddie with Massive ships which are heavily armed. They are winning both aginst the war with the Golts and Turans.
Turans:-They are at war with the Realins and Golts and are only 10 light years away from the Halan system. They are winning against the Golts but losing against the Realins. They posses a limited transwarp drive which only does small leaps
Golts:- located 15 light years from Halan They are at war with both the Turan and Realins but are losing at the start of the series.
TJah:- They live on a planet in a nebula 25 light years from Halan. They are telepaths and don't commuincate through oral commuincation. They are very reclusive and don't like outsiders

------------------

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, IMHO, that is sort of what Voyager was supposed to be. A Feddie ship far from Feddie reenforcments. It was to recapture some of the "pure unknown" feeling of TOS.

Personally, I liked the political intrigue of early DS9 and would like to see that combined with some nice action.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...set far from the battlegrounds of the Dominion War...

Yes, well, the Dominion War is over. So, anywhere would be 'far from the battlegrounds'

quote:
We could see an Akira class starship which is given the responsibilty to protect this unstable region of Space.

I have an even better idea! We could use an Ambassador, and have a purple-eyed Captain! Hell, we could even have some red guy on board named after a bird! But spelled different!

quote:
...and with Starfleet putting all it resources into the War at the opposite end of Federation space the situation looks hopeless.

Again, (and you seem to not realize this in many other posts) THE WAR IS OVER. TPTB are not going to make a series that overlaps with another series. That'd make way too much continuity for them to look out for, and, well, we all know how much they dislike having to deal with it.

------------------
Communism. Who wouldn't like their neighbour thrown into a goulag?

Please vote for the Communist Party of Canada This November 27th.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has nothing to do w/ Voyager. Why is it in the Voyager Forum?

*rolls eyes and moves it to GD*

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps