Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Good Shepard" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Good Shepard"
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well right now it's obvious that Starfleet doesn't consider the EMH programs to be either sentient or deserving of free will, as they made all the Mark I's into garbagemen, certainly against their will.

"I'm terribly sorry about this, Doc, but once the Mark II's came out, there really isn't much demand for your top-notch medical skills anymore. However, we've made luxury accomidations for you as a waste-disposal engineer aboard one of our brand-new waste extraction barges!"

------------------
Homer: "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aside from the Doctor, the other EMH's don't have wills.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I, the HoloDoc, being of sound artificial intelligence and photonic structure..."

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I caught another blatant error! When Theory man is in the escape pod, tapping keys, you can see a mouse pointer in the upper left corner of the screen he's working on. Then, as the camera moves, the pointer scrolls across the monitor like some one is trying to hide it. If it hadn't moved, I might not have noticed it.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aban: I did mention that one, but maybe not as clear

The EMH's seem to be very politically un-correct. But OTOH, Holodocs are quite irritating once on-line. Remember when Crusher activated it, and it started complianing within a minute!

------------------
"Dynamics is like playing hockey with a flexible hockey stick"
-My Physics teacher
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they're all supposed to draw heavily from Dr. Zimmerman's personality, and he is not the most pleasant of men.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops, sorry Prakesh. I didn't remember that one when I went to watch the tape.

*looks sheepishly at the floor*

I'm very confused as to why they were using Mac screens for these few set dressings. The black backgrounds are obviously quite a bit lighter than the rest of the monitors on the flyer. I can't see the logic in doing this. It must have been some sor of a budget thing, but I don't understand how this would save time or money. Reuse an Okudagram from the Defiant or something!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prakesh: As far as I know, the only NCO's we've ever seen wearing any type of insignia are chiefs. I counter that chief's do normally wear their insignia (regardless of circumstances) but that anyone below that rank doesn't. Then again since the only people we've seen w/o pips have been addressed as crewmen, perhaps petty officers do wear insignias and we just haven't seen one. The only petty officer I ever remember being mentioned was a dead bolian in an episode of DS9, and I am pretty sure that his collar wasn't shown.

[This message has been edited by Obi Juan (edited December 06, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps