Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » They are everywhere!! ($$$ for upcoming episode!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: They are everywhere!! ($$$ for upcoming episode!)
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got this from Trektoday.com:

'Destiny' sees Neelix trying to rescue a colony of besieged Talaxians.

Those Talaxians are far FAR away from home...

------------------
Terry: "Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, ...."
Max: "And?"
Terry: "I forgot."
Max: "Come on, Clinton was the fun one, then came the boring one."
Terry: "They're all boring."

- Batman Beyond (aka: Batman of the Future)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PLEASE tell me there is some explanation as to how they got all the way out there. It was bad enough when the got some kind of Talaxian food from a former Talaxian colony. Was it last season that that happened? No explanation at all. This had better have one.

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erm...like that quadrant wide expanse of mysterious subspace superhighways that the Vau...vau....cobra-heads used to terrorize a good chunk of the galaxy with hundreds of years ago?

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if that's how they did it, than I hope they at least mention that. I could buy that, but only with a bit of explanation. The previous encounter with the former Talaxian colony had no such explanation IIRC.

------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why a need for an explination? Neelix has stated that its a dream of many Talaxians to explore the stars.

They are an advanced enough species... Its not hard to belive they have made it this far.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sort of puts us humans to shame, though. We are supposedly advanced, too, yet we have no colonies that far out.

Or do we? The Federation supposedly is just 8,000 ly across (which is plenty already). But perhaps there are human colonies farther out still, just ones that have chosen not to remain in any contact with the Federation (and how could they, when the journeys last for decades and subspace communications probably don't carry that far?).

If the Talaxians are indeed shown that far away from home by traditional means, at least Neelix should express some due amazement and pride that they have made it this far, and braved space for decades to reach their goal.

Timo Saloniemi

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all depends on how old the colony is. Maybe the destruction of Talax (?) removed any emotional ties to their original region of space, much like the irradiating of Earth in the Foundation books.

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was Rinax that was destroyed by the metreon cascade, not Talax.

I too am adopting a "wait and see" approach to this episode. If they pull a "there's a Talaxian colony here but we're not going to explain why," then I'll be very unhappy. But if we get a good reason like explaining that they got there via the Vaudwaar (for all we know, it might be the Vaudwaar who are attacking this colony), then I'll be okay with it.

------------------
"The Long Kiss Goodnight begins, more or less, with Geena Davis being kicked in the head by a deer. This was the high point of the film."

- Sol System, 2/24/01

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they evolved or transplanted to Rinax, their moon though, didn't they?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

No. Neelix has spoken of being able to see Rinax, the Moon, from Talax. This implies that both still exist, although Rinax is apparently now uninhabitable. Neelix was also apparently a part of the rescue team that went to Rinax soon after the disaster which also points to the fact that Rinax wasn't actually destroyed, just really messed up.

------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And we actually visited the place in "Jetrel". Voyager took orbit around Rinax, a greyish spherical mass orbiting a nice blue-green Talax, and played its transporter magic on the Rinaxian atmosphere remains, trying to rebuild the disintegrated inhabitants.

Timo Saloniemi

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you read the voyager book pathways it has his whole life story, infact when he went to rhinax again, some people were still alive(although there was very few of them, and they were all badly burnt)

------------------
Go to my site ST Infinity or you'll cause the release of another Olsen Twins movie. Do you want that on your conscience?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So is the moon actually uninhabitable, or is it just not very pleasent? It's been awhile since I've seen the episode.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I got the impression that it was uninhabitable. You may be able to stay for a while but you couldn't live there. They may have also had to wear protective suits.

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder. . . it's almost the last episode. Maybe they use whatever means the Talaxians used to get that far, to get home?

------------------
"I rather strongly disagree, even if I share the love of Dick. Speaking of which, that would be the most embarrasing .sig quote ever, so never use it."

- Simon Sizer, 23/01/2001

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps