Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Is this a � violation?

Author Topic: Is this a � violation?
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look here:

http://members.tripod.com/~Defiantnx_74205/lcarship.jpg

I think this is Adam Heinbuch's image...I saw it a while ago while snooping about in the Behaviour Group's file directories...

Well, it's been used with no credit given...

------------------
"You were right about the negotiations...they were short."
Obi-Wan Kenobi to QuiGon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends if he copyrighted the image or not.
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, there was a "� 199X Adam Heinbuch" or somesuch on the original image.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*enraged*

Everything is copyrighted by default, generally.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Launch! Launch!

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The copyright was indeed sliced off the bottom... it was copyrighted to Adam, Tim and someone else, IIRC.

------------------
"A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

Good thing I brought this up, 'eh?

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice diagram - it makes it easy to see the ship 'groups' i.e. huge ships Sovereign->Nebula medium ships Nebula->Constitution small ships Constitution->Danube

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...Adam says that he gave that person permission to use the chart, so all is well.

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand the issue. Those images of starships belong to Paramount, I don't see how someone can take the images created by the Paramount Star Trek artists and copyright it for themselves. It's like when I've gotten letters from people asking to use pics on my site. For example, a person goes to my starship images page and wants to use my Sovereign-class pic for their own site. I hold no rights to the image, I or anyone else can't say if he or she can use it. If it's an image I created myself on the other hand I would expect a person to ask before using it. Of course that's if it's my original art.
Nearly all the starship images in this pic are scannable out of a Trek book except a couple. Just because someone made the LCARS on the side and top doesn't mean that they can place a � on stuff that is already copyrighted by Paramount.

Some of you might agree with me some will not. I'm not going to change my opinion though just to go along with the group though.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

[This message was edited by Hobbes on June 19, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

The copyright is with regards to the work put into the composite image, in this case.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps