Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Crew's Fate (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Crew's Fate
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, "The Wounded Sky!" One of the better Star Trek books I've read. Parades are nice. Flash forwards WOULD be kinda anti-climatic. And ... stupid. But, how are they going to traverse the final 25,000 ly or whatever in five episodes? Are we going to get a wormhole or something? Are they even getting home? I haven't read any of the rumors.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tha's good, son, don't! I shall hold out against the tempting devil's spawn of spoilers, to the last ounce of my strength! HAHAAAAAH!!!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, from what I gather, the story goes that they don't reach Earth for another 20 years... so the ship's only been home for a few (weeks/months?) in the flashforward.

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's kind of what I'm picturing, assuming the flash forward idea is even true.

My guess is we'll alternate between two time frames. The "flash forward" one where Voyager has been home for some time and whatever is going to happen then, is happening. And the "current" one which will end with Voyager continuing on her way home.

According to that theory, the series would end without her ever reaching Earth, but we'd know that she will eventually. That's only my guess though. I'm not basing it on anything.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! Oh the humanity! So what is this, a typical Voyageresque episode ending applied to a series?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't say I approved of such an ending...I simply said that's what I'm expecting

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Daniel
Member # 453

Didn't mean to sound as though I were criticizing you, Aban. Just, oh, God. That would be horrible. Please let the ruler of the universe not be THAT sadistic.
Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, she is. Everyone knows the ruler of the universe is a 300 lb. black lesbian named "Kwandalesha" who drives a Harley Hog.

:-)

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's a vegetarian too. So there's no reasoning with her.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you mean "Vag-itarian", Liam? *L*

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Conundrum
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't give you a real answer but being in the military myself and basically the starfleet is in comparison to the military of today then:

1) Every member of the crew will get a mass courtmartial for either committing the breech of the prime directive or allowing someone else too.

2) They'll get locked away for several years of entarigation

3) Everything will get stamped 'Top Secret' and no one will ever know anything for another hundred or so years...

and 4) The doctor will most definately get thrown in the junk pile and upgraded to the latest version of EMH.

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Conundrum, since you have missed out on the 7th season of Voyager there will be spoilers for you in this post in response to your post. (Might be spoilers for other people as well, so be warned)
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

A court-marshal for everone is a possibility, but you've got a crew of appoximately 150 to deal with. If they do press forward with one, Janeway will most likely get the brunt of accusations. Charges could also get dropped and I believe none would get sent to prison. Knowing the rumours for ST:X, this seems likely as Janeway will appear as an officer...an admiral no less. It seems she gets a promotion. So they don't go forward with the court-marshals. There will be some information marked as Top Secret, but since Voyager had made real-time contact with Starfleet, a lot of information has already been spread through the Federation. As for the Doc, as the final episode suggests, he will not get thrown into the junk pile. He will either remain as Voyager's CMO or get a transfer to Starfleet Medical. The only upgrading he'll get is probably a change in uniform and commbadge.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps