Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » No sports!!!!!!

Author Topic: No sports!!!!!!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Wings are done, I can now watch Voyager......

YES

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh. i hate hockey. Basketball, that's where its at. IVERSON YEAH!!!!!!!!!

and toni kukoc too.

------------------
Signatures are for losers

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a baseball fan however where I live there is a second UPN-allied channel so they will broadcast Voyager on the secondary one while the game is on the main.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to like baseball. but then i discovered the better the players got the more boring the game. After all, who wants to watch a 1000 strike outs. NOthing happens. The MLB should just toss in as many crappy players as possible and watch the fur fly.

------------------
Signatures are for losers

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same with soccer. They're too good, the highest score I've heard lately was 4. Thirty years ago teams scored two digits.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a theory I proposed in Jr. High once. Someone asked me if I followed any of the Vancouver teams... and I saif "what Vancouver teams? Most of our players come from out of the country (with the exception of hockey players, I think). A city should have to field players from its own population - and I don't mean inviting a foreign football player to move here to play for us."

They looked at me like I was a martian. Apparently, the knuckle squad (sports fans) don't care that THEIR players aren't from "their" city - as long as "their" team wins.

I didn't get it - still don't. But then, I don't watch sports.

"With me, it is a given certainty that one horse will alays run faster than another, and one team win while another loses. THe details don't concern me."

- paraphrase of R.A. Heinlein

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that most games get boring unless it a real close game. I have a real problem when it starts to get real perdictable. For the past couple of years, the Yankees would start off bad and then somewhere in the middle they would start to pick up. Then they would be leading the entire season and then be in the World Series where either they win it or they get real close.

I like the last one though becuase I'm a fan of the Mets so...just wished it was a bit closer.

------------------
Signature for sale! For a mere price of $20 per letter you get this wonderful little space to say your own things. Get it now while there's still space!

-All you base belong to infinity. -infinity11

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps