Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager's finale! $$$$ Possible spoiler!! $$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Voyager's finale! $$$$ Possible spoiler!! $$$$
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's on TrekToday, at least. Or you might go to Great Link to see pointers to it. I don't know where it originated, though, and it's definitely not an official press release... But it still sounds 100% authentic.

I must admit it sounds a lot better than the originally feared "AGT" rehash. Perhaps even a fitting end to the story. Like the DS9 finale, it leaves some minor threads dangling, but then again, the series premise never promised full closure - getting the ship back to Earth is good enough.

What's YOUR pet unresolved thread? Mine, I guess, would be the fate of the Maquis. Kes we got out of the way halfway decently, and Neelix, and the second Caretaker. And the Kazon. And the ship came back. That's most of the issues introduced in the pilot. But the Maquis thing was there from the start, and never developed into anything. The finale doesn't seem to touch the issue.

Things like the Borg were introduced halfway through, and don't really require closure IMHO.

Timo Saloniemi

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prakesh, Barclay's never been much the promotion kind of guy, IMHO. Remember, we saw an alternate reality (we think) where Picard had only made it to Lieutenant j.g.! It's not that unheard of. Besides, Barclay appears in the episode in the current timeline, not the future timeline. Did you read or skim the synopsis?

Speaking of which, Darkstar -- I thought you were leaving and you hated us all ... ?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited May 10, 2001).]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bah, give him some credit - it's only the second time he's come back after saying he's leaving forever because he hates us all. After the next time, we can start bugging him about always coming back after saying he's leaving forever because he hates us all. However, in true Darkstar fashion, he didn't quote sources or anything in the above. Gotta give marks for consistency.

As for Barclay, he *did* get promoted between TNG and his Voyager stint. And considering the actor is fifty-something, it's not awful. Some of the TNG extras were older than him at the time and had equivalent ranks. Anyone remember a certain white-haired guy in a red uniform walking around the E-D corridors? Among things, he had his broken leg set by Worf in "Disaster". His rank was Lt. j.g. as well, IIRC. Anyway, promoting Barclay to Lt. Commander would suggst he's in some major command authority, which his character certainly isn't. It's all in character, methinks.

I must say that this finale does involve all the hallmarks of Voyager: the Borg and time travel. W00t!

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

[This message has been edited by Mark Nguyen (edited May 10, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I would rather see the second Caretaker be responsible for their getting home some how. The Borg were introduced later on in the series and have nothing to do with the original premise.

Plus, Voyager has ruined the Borg for me.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Timo: *coughcoughdelaneysisterscoughcough*

------------------
"I said 'You are, you are,
The only one who sees.'
I said, 'You are, you are'
The only strength I need.'"
---Kim Leaman, "Mary"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er.

When did Barclay get promoted to Lt. Commander ... ?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, did you read or skim the above messages?

That was a 'what-if' situation.

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And, by the way, Darkie's compiled all the various bits that have appeared on TGL, TrekToday, TrekWeb, Section 31, Cinescape, SFX (all have reported it by now, who knows or cares who was first). . . I've seen it all elsewhere.

------------------
Phasers

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And either Darky copied and pasted this report here, or his grammar skills have improved by about 150%.

(Gosh, I hope he doesn't tell us all to go to hell again after saying that...no offense, Darkstar, but I don't appreciate being told to "fuck you to fucking hell.")

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think Jeff misread my post - I meant that Barclay got a promotion to full lieutenant. He was a junior grade through TNG, but two full pips are quite visible today.

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I am now better and I am now chillin.

I've got a new life outside this forum, and am glad that I am no longer a stressed person.

Tahna Los sorry about my last post a few weeks ago!

DARKSTAR

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, having just seen the preview for the final episode, that is DEFINITLY a new Starship we see in the Starfleet armada. We're facing its rear, but it's got four nacelles, clumped close together in pairs. Looks kind of cool ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

$
$
$
$
$
Sorry Jeff, but as you never watched Voyager, you didn't know that the ship you saw wasn't new: It was a Prometheus class starship, the prototype of which was seen a few years ago.

There was also a Nova class starship, two Negh'var class Klingon ships, a Nebula, an Excelsior, a Miranda, a Galaxy, and what looked like a more advanced version of the yacht-shuttlecraft (possibly the prototype time vessel).

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looked more like a refitted Type-9 to me.
And it looked like there was a much more sleek Intrepid-ish type ship.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darkstar: Apology Accepted.

Though it would be greatly appreciated if you could post where you got this. I need an extra brain to store all this information!!!!

------------------
"Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to me whining "Where is our funding"? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care"
- The President of the United States of America, The Long Kiss Goodnight

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps