Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ...and He ended the series, and it was good. ($)

Author Topic: ...and He ended the series, and it was good. ($)
Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spoiler warning below for "Rennaisance Man."

I would like to bring due attention to the latest Voyager ep, "Rennaissance Man." By all forms of definition, this is one of the best character defining episodes I've seen yet from Voyager, with a few possible exceptions.

This ep had the PERFECT blend of light-hearted (perhaps unintended. The scnene with the forty bilion doctors made me crack up when all I could see were a like number of bald heads!) humor, and action. I have to admit that the "Matrix-like" scenes with the doctor were... unpredictable. When you think of his character, you don't envision him kicking Tuvok's ass, but they pulled it off, and I was amazed.

One other thing I might mention, not all praise, is the blaringingly obvious clues in this episode. I grew suspicious when "Janeway" contacted voyager just to tell her commander to meet her in her office ASAP.

One other problem I had here, was the doctor's blatant boast in the beginning, when he said that "Holograms are far supeiror to humans and are capable of multiple simutaneous tasks." Later on, the bloated little alien men said they were monitoring his perceptions, and could see and hear what the doctor could. Consider for a moment why he didn't simply use the control console to send a warning of some type while not looking at what he was typing. Admittedly it is difficult, but I know many people that can perform such tasks, in fact, I'm not looking at what I am typing now and I can relate information just fine.

Just a few things I had to relate to someone else. For those of you who like to bash Voyager, you have no choice (I'm not giving you any) but to admit thatt he last ten episodes have been the best yet.

------------------
"Vulcans do not dance." -Tuvok

[This message has been edited by The Antagonist (edited May 17, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If these have been the "best" Voyager episodes, I'm glad I didn't see the worst.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey? What about Year of Hell parts 1 and 2? Or Message in a bottle? Or Equinox part 1 and 2??

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah that matrix scene was quite awsome...it sat me up

anyway i think they should have put some more thought about the doctor now--he has prooven himself quite dangerouse---and his ability to go to ECH is especially dangerouse.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At first I thought that misspelling of "dangerous" said "dangermouse"... *L*

------------------
Quintesson 1: "It is a day so long in coming that I am uncertain how to celebrate it."
Quintesson 2: "Perhaps a quiet chuckle..."
Quintesson 1: "Very well, then. Let us... chuckle."
Quintessons: "Hehehehe..."
-The Transformers, "Five Faces of Darkness, part 3"

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mice are dangerous. Just look at Jerry, one second ya think you have 'im in your little paws, then BAM! He just pulled a 40lbs sledge out of his ass and knocked you flat.

------------------
"Vulcans <i>do not</i> dance." -Tuvok

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps