Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » A Dilemma...... May 23, 2001 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Dilemma...... May 23, 2001
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that is the date when the final 2 hour ep of Voyager was to be on. And as a loyal fan of the Star Trek empire, I have decided to show respect to Trek and preset my VCR to record the show as I will be out on Wednesday.

So I decide to check with my TV Guide to see when it was on. The Local TV station that runs Voyager has it on from 8pm to 10pm. But something else catches my eye: Law and Order (my fav show at the present) has a 2 hour season finale from 9pm to 11pm on another local channel on the SAME DAY. Big conflict.

Now I must decide what am I going to record as I will be out on that day. Voyager or Law and Order. After weighing the merits, I have decided to preset the VCR to Law and Order. I've decided that a conspiracy against a Supreme Court Justice is better than a finale which could turn out to be dull and waste my time. After all, I lost interest in Voyager several years ago when good story writing and continuity went out the window.

Sorry Voyager, but I have decided on where my present loyalties lie....

------------------
"Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to me whining 'Where is our funding'? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care"
- The President of the United States of America, The Long Kiss Goodnight

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited May 22, 2001).]

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, they're more likely to repeat the Voyager finale. . . Probably. 8)

------------------
Phasers

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing about Finales is that not only do they split it into two, some scenes are also cut from the original 2 hour ep (to make way for ending credits, opening scenes featuring the previous ep, etc). This includes TNG's finale, and DS9 and VOY's series premiere. I figure that maybe I should record the whole 2 hour ep so I can catch the final show in its entirety, but well, I've already preset my VCR.

I don't think I'll miss that much. Voyager was never really my favourite show.

Rock on, Jack McCoy!!!!

------------------
"Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to me whining 'Where is our funding'? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Plus, it is the delectable Angie Harmon's last episode. You can't miss that...

Stupid, lucky, freakin' football player...

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Jill Hennesey rules. Kincaid actually slept with Jack McCoy.

But they killed her off. I mean, why didn't they have her TWIN SISTER reprise the part of Kincaid? And why did they have to kill her off?

------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Werd. Jill & Jacqueline Hennessy=yummilicious.

Tahna, mah boogie, I have the solution for you. L&O isn't a 2-hour finale. It's some rerun at 2100, followed by the finale at 2200.

And Jilly cutie is coming back to TV on some crappy doctor show.

------------------
"'I don't CARE who started it, I'm tired, and I WANT QUIET!!!!! Or I'm going to come up there and flatten the BOTH of you!' And he meant it. And we'd stop. Or he would." --Foreign policy as laid down by First of Two's dad

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Not what I've been told. According to the TV Guide, Part I has the detectives investigating a possible conspiracy to kill a Supreme court Justice. Part II has the detectives concentrating on a lead that involves a TV reporter.

I've seen neither if one is a repeat. Even so, given the situation, I feel that it is worth more watching than the Series Finale of Voyager.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited May 22, 2001).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could ask someone else to tape "Voyager" for you...

------------------
"Even the colors are pompous!"
-a friend of mine, looking at a Lexus brochure

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Nah.... not worth my time.

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twin?????? This is Law and Order not Days of our Lives...puhleese

------------------
Signatures are for losers

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Jill Hennessey, who plays Claire Kincaid in L&O, actually has a twin sister, Jacqueline. There was an instance in which Jill was too sick to report to work, so Jacqueline was cast as a stand in.

So why not cast Jacqueline when Jill wanted out?

------------------
"Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to me whining 'Where is our funding'? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care?"

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I KNOW that she (the actress) has a twin...what i'm saying is I don't want the writers putting in the character's twin in saying, oh yeah she's exactly the same and they both ended up being lawyers, etc, etc. Its a cop out. Kincaide is dead. end of story.

------------------
Signatures are for losers

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vanguard, I think the suggestion was that the twin would assume the role. "DA Kincaid played by Jill Hennessy" would become "DA Kincaid (same - EXACT - character!) played by Jackie Hennessy"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sad to say that I dozed off for about two minutes right when they were explaining why Angie Harmon's character wouldn't be around anymore... could someone fill me in? I know it's not sci-fi...

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Saltah'na
Member # 33

She's been offered a job with the U.S. District attourney. Big fish to fry. She mentioned this just after Benton was released without bail. Carmichael did mention that her office will still be in the same building as D.A. Lewin, so we might be seeing her again.

Well, Shik was right, it wasn't a two-parter, nor did the season go out with a bang, but then again, I didn't feel anything bad about missing Voyager.

JeffKardde: That's what I was thinking. Viewers might not notice a significant difference. But Kincaid is now dead, they can't recreate the character. My suggestion was directed to the producers who came up with the idea of killing her off.

------------------
"Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to me whining 'Where is our funding'? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care?"

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited May 24, 2001).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps