Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Did they gave a hint about the 5th series in WYLB?? ($$$$)

Author Topic: Did they gave a hint about the 5th series in WYLB?? ($$$$)
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumor:
- 5th series is about the Academy.

Fact:
- O'Brien becomes a teacher at the academy.

I can remember someone claiming: "We haven't seen the last of the DS9 crew." Although (s)he could be talking about a movie.

Put these together and you get....:
Colm Meaney starring in his 3rd show??

------------------
Bugs Come In Through Open Windows.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fifth series entirely based at the Academy? Does it work? That's debatable, but I say no.

This could work, but I don't think Berman thinks that way. *L*

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also found a rumor about the series being only 2 or 3 seasons in total.

(And yes, that IS a different IP number! I finally have an internet connection at home )

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a little short for such an investment, isn't it?

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

It is a possibility, althought I think it's a bad idea too. The Academy could be a good location for a new series, if you work it out right, but I think they are better off with a new starship as the center. Which brings me to a new thread.

------------------

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawson's Creek in the 24th century.

------------------
"So where are the nuggets on a chicken anyway?"

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Normally I would be shouting out "Too soon, too soon!". But I can't help but think that there were a few next series feelers put out in DS9's finale. What those are I couldn't say.

------------------
"It's not my birthday, it's not today. It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me?"
--
They Might Be Giants

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Berman already confirmed there wont be an Academy Series. I think I read it in TV Guide

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

That's a relief!

Did he say what it IS going to be?

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few things:

1) Quite a while back in the Great Link (I think it was last year or so), CH posted something about a new series featuring the Starfleet Academy. Apparently, this info came from elsewhere and was deemed as an April Fool's Joke (it was April 1 at the time). Was a great idea though. It just may seem that this idea will finally become reality.

2) An average cadet spends 4 years in the Academy. Therefore, either the series has to be that long, or the cadets featured on that show get assigned to the same ship.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Jdogg
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An academy series would be the final draw for me, I would swear off Star Trek altogether and go back to being a raving B5 fanatic.

-Josh

------------------
Whats wrong? Ain't gonna live forever, never worrying about dying cuz it can't be any better. But Whatever happens, happens, always happens for the worst. If the worst is yet to happen I hope it happens to you first. -BHG

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the supposed destruction of Starfleet Headquarters, and maybe the Academy, the new series would focus on the repercussions of the Dominion War in the eyes of Starfleet Cadets, many whom would have lost loved ones. And no, I don't think it would degenerate into a putrid BH90210 flick.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps