Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Endgame - A thread for those who liked it. $$$

Author Topic: Endgame - A thread for those who liked it. $$$
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a bittersweet ending was completely predictable, this straightforward approach and happy ending brought a tear to my eye. A good end to a good show.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

P0sitr0nic
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it. Not as good as DS9's Finale, but hey, I wasnt expecting it to be. I LOVED the nova class appearance.(Nova is "Da' Ship")

IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. This thread popped up just as I posted my comments to Soontir_Fel's 'Endgame: Your Comments' thread.

$
$
Spoilers
$
$

In the Reader's Digest version, I liked "Endgame" a good deal. It was, to my mind, a satisfying end to Star Trek: Voyager. The ongoing antagonism between Janeway and the Borg Queen was done in an excellent manner. I think the ending shot of Voyager slowly heading to Earth (this time in the shot) was a better way to end the series than Voyager actually landing on Earth. Just about the entire beginning part of the episode appealed to me.

Add me to the group of people who liked "Endgame."

------------------
God (using a Devil hand puppet): Yaagh! I'm the Devil! I'm evil! I'm spooky! I'm dark! And I'm evil! Gimme an "E!" Gimme a "V!" Gimme a "U!" Gimme an "L!" What's that spell? Evil! Goooo EVIL!
Devil: Hey, yo, that shit ain't funny!
--from Tatsuya Ishida's Sinfest

Founder, president, CEO, CFO, COO, under-secretary general, mascot, and caterer of the APAO

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me among your numbers. I thought it was an excellent show.

------------------
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it too, although I thought there could have been an extra 10 minutes or so after Voyager returned.

------------------
"I got a personal grudge against that rabbit, Jim!"
- McCoy, "Shore Leave"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was a little bit predictable, but dang it, I enjoyed it! An appropriate send-off (is that term appropriate in this case? ) for a good series. It may not have been the best over the last seven years, but it was still a fine story.

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was very satisfying. It wasn't corny or overdone in my opinion, and they brought some of the character arcs around very nicely. I do wonder what they will do with the transphasic torpedoes and the ablative armor generation machinery. Destroy it? Keep it and blow apart anyone they have a conflict with?

------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Siegfried, I like how they didnt completely tie up the finale, it gave me the feeling that the characters would go on in Voyager, because that is thier true home now.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps