Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Huh? Spoiler for "Endgame"

Author Topic: Huh? Spoiler for "Endgame"
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 

The building that housed Tuvok had a sign outside that said "Starfleet Medical Facility". Is this is the best title that they could come up for this facility?

The title is horrible and I think that it is very cartoonish. In cartoons, buildings are given very general titles that describe the function of the building for a reader. For instance, Gotham City Hospital.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

[This message has been edited by targetemployee (edited May 24, 2001).]

Pro. Portside
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
talking of bad names for thing, Joe? They had seven years to come up with a name for the doc and they chose Joe.

------------------
Tribbles and warp cores dont mix

IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still belongs to the Voyager forum. Go smack the Voy writers about their bad writing skills.

------------------
"Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to me whining 'Where is our funding'? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care?"
- The President of the United States of America, The Long Kiss Goodnight

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
who cares we did hear about an oakland shipyard
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I may speculate, my guess is that there was no proper name for the building mentioned in the script and the VFX guys just stuck one on a sign to complete the shot. No script would ever painstakingly describe irrelevant features on a building seen for all of a few second ("...there is a Federation flag flying on the lawn to the left, and a Danube-class runabout parked on the roof. Three orderlies are leaving via the front doors...") The script probably said OPTICAL - EXT. STARFLEET MEDICAL FACILITY and the VFX guys said "wow, this building is cool but doesn't look medical enough. Let's put a sign out front saying exactly what it is."

Besides, who's to say that this facility wasn't the "Leonard H. McCoy Medical Facility?" Plenty of hospitals have a sign out front that says "Hospital" but that doesn't mean they don't have a formal name.

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps