Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Different interior of Borg Cubes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Different interior of Borg Cubes
Neonatal Drone
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
As I was watching "Best of the Both Worlds" and watching "Dark Froniter" I notice that they different interior. I think that the borg cube from BoBW is an older borg vessel than the cube from dark froniter is similar to the current designs.

------------------

IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah---other than the budget reason

Its been speculated that every borg ship both exterior and interior looks different....i wanted to believe that the cube in "BOBW" was an older "type" cube but then in "Dark Fronteir" we saw a cube even older than that one and the cube look newer than the "First Contact" one. Oh well. Just another example of Braga rewriting trek to fit new budget standards.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really? When did Braga become the set designer? Or the miniature model/GCI effects supervisor?

Geez Louise, if you're gonna call this a "continuity error" then at least lay the flaming bag of dog pooh on the proper door step.

Anyway, the disparity between Borg cube interiors could be a result of the different cultures and technologies that are assimilated. As soon as any technology is captured, it could be analyzed and integrated into the ship structure as soon as possible. This could allow the older cube to have a newer appearance. Also, "Dark Frontier" seemed to state that the cube the Hanson's were studying was either a part of or had frequent contact with Unimatrix 1. Maybe this could have some significance on the interiors of the cubes.

[This message has been edited by Siegfried (edited May 26, 2001).]

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and when did i mention continuity error
i said it was a clear admitted example of rewriting trek to meet new budgets---hey who ever gives the final go ahead for each episold is responsible.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cubes are big. Some ends look different to other ends.

Next.

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought each cube would look a little different. The same way Borg drones look different.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but what the Drone meant was that BoBW was set in the Trek era of thirteen years ago while the Cube that caught the SS Raven was set thirty years ago in the Trek universe.

Hence, the Dark froniter should've had that "old-school plumbing job" look with all the pipes and shit instead of all that green light, a la contemporary cubes.

I agree, it was a fuckup.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you consider little things like this "fuck up," I shudder to think of what you call all-around ass episodes like Threshold...

[ May 28, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ass rape?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much. I think they actually called it "Threshold" because they wanted to test our threshold of tolerance for utter shit...
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think of it this way: The bigger budget in Voy/FC let them construct a better *representation* of a borg cube, what we see just varies in accuracy to the supposed existence of the borg.
Nim
Member # 205

Representation of a ship??? So now we're playing Civilization?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

I wonder what Plato would have to say about all this...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Nim
Member # 205

He'd take one look at the borg and say "What the hell?"

Generalizing ship representations is tolerable in an LCARS recreation of a battle or flight path (ie klingon ships are bops and dominion ships are Dommiebugs) and perhaps not even then...

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The_Tom:
You are referring to Plato's concept of "The ideal object?"

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps