Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What ship do you want to see in a new series?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What ship do you want to see in a new series??
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asuming that there is going to be a new series around a ship, what kind of ship do you want it to be??

I would like to see one of these:
- A totally new ship (not a new Enterprise)
- An Akira class
- A (THE) Prometheus class

------------------
Bugs Come In Through Open Windows.

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the new series, which come in one or two years, I would like to see a class of ship not seen before. (Considering that each series begins with a new class of ship, I don't believe this is wish fullment.)
I don't want to see anymore older classes of ships such as the Excelsiors, Mirandas, or Oberths. With CGI, the creators of the new series can certainly produce new classes of ships.
And I want to see with a small ship, a small cast of primary characters.

IP: Logged
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the series is in the future I'd like to see a new class. If it's in the present I'd like to see a Sabre, or a Steamrunner.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #3 : Whenever someone under you screws up make sure you teach them a lesson more so than you punish them.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a real old beat up ship, something along the lines of a Constellation and preferably aone of the as of yet unseen designs i.e Hokule'a or Wambundu.

------------------
-I'm not principal of the line, mother.
-And you never will be...

[This message was edited by USS Vanguard on June 19, 1999.]

[This message was edited by USS Vanguard on June 19, 1999.]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thing New Frontier would make a good series, thus I'd like to see an Ambasador class.
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: Even though I like New Frontier, *ducks* most people here don't. I'd duck as well.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi can I answer this by saying - I don't think there should be a new series - for say 3-5 years after Voyager - even longer.

I'd like some telemovies.

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Telemovies could be a good idea.
But I'd still like to know what ship you'd like to see

------------------
Bugs Come In Through Open Windows.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know if this is spoiler or not, but I'll leave space for it:
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
Is that enough room?

OK, anyway, here's what Berman and Paramount have been saying about the future of Trek in Movies and Series, so here is a timeline:

May/June 2001: Voyager ends
November/December 2001: Star Trek X (TNG Movie)
September 2002: 5th Series premiers
May/June 2009: 5th Series ends (if it runs 7 seasons)

Somewhere inbetween Star Trek X and the end of the 5th series will be a movie or two

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they said they weren't doing more movies for a while, actually.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I don't think they meant a gap of three years when they said that...

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No ships. Except for the orbital cargo haulers when they land at the colonies space port.

------------------
"Meesa love yousa long time."

Jar Jar Binks, Vietnam, 1967.

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been thinking along the lines of a ST Indiana Jones. You could please the ship buffs with many shots of spacedocks, impress others with views of the seeder side of ST, and have plenty of stories that don't require the main characters to follow the prime directive. Hell, you could have stories with all the major intelligence communities, criminal organizations, and of course Starfleet. The main character would be a former Starfleet officer that just couldn't stay out of trouble , but was none the less well respected by those in Starfleet. He would have his own very very unimpressive ship, and would fall into Han Solo type category. Ok, I realize the Harrison Ford reference but those are two of my favorite characters in the universe of Science fiction. I believe a shift from the militaristic formats would provide a fresh take on the universe of Star Trek. One thing I would like to bring back is the optumism of TOS and TNG. As for suppporting characters I was thinking maybe a crazy but brilliant engineer type as a sidekick, or just a major reoccurring character.
Any thoughts people?
------------------
hello world

[This message was edited by bear on June 20, 1999.]

[This message was edited by bear on June 20, 1999.]

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a Nebula Class, or a new design.

------------------
Visit my webpage @
www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Canal/6569
"You're young," said Athos. "Your bitter memories still have time to turn into sweet ones."

IP: Logged
bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops!!!
lol

------------------
hello world

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps