Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Borg queen was assimilated? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Borg queen was assimilated?
The Vulcan
Member # 633

- posted      Profile for The Vulcan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the second Unimatrix episode(I think it was the second) The Borg queen visited the unimatrix. She met that little boy, and she saied,"I was about your age when I was assimilated". Does that mean there where borgs before she existed?

--------------------
Die please.

k, thx.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*shrug* Maybe she meant that particular body was assimilated at that time.

Reading your post, I'm reminded of the logo/legos/legoes/legi thread...and I wonder what people will make of you saying "borgs".

The Vulcan
Member # 633

- posted      Profile for The Vulcan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops I'm partially wrong since I read the chracter bios at startrek.com it says that she might've been a drone assimilated into the borg queen. so that also might've been the answer to all those queens popping up everywhere.

--------------------
Die please.

k, thx.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since we now have a hive Borg system, we can assume other parallels with hives. If they lose a queen, the collective probably just processes another female drone into a queen.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or she was just lying. *shrugs*

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't she also say in Dark Frontier that she belonged to Species 123 (or similar)?

This would contradict the fact that there Borg Queen "types" of which Type 1 (Alice Krige) was probably killed twice and Type 2 (Susanna Thompson) once - unless the Borg deliberately choose twins or clone their queens.

Anyway, I believe that the Borg Queen is an altered ordinary drone. Only the fact that the Borg use the queen as a "swap file" for their consciousness makes her special.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, there's a fascinating parallel between the Borg, and the Daleks and Cybermen of Doctor Who. At first, they all function as "group" enemies. Ruthlessly efficient and intelligent. However, at some point, they all got given "leaders" (The Queen, Davros, and various "controllers" respecively), which reduced most of them to mindless bodyguards.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Cylons, too.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bah. Everyone knows the borg were based entirely on those baddies in Captain EO.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd forgotten about the Cylons. Damn. I can't claim general 70s sci-fi nerd of the year award.

Hail John Corolis!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colicos. You are so losing it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

True. It's the stress of doing 7 till 6 work days.

In my defense, I was thinking of the space stations from Elite. So, er, yeah.

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing since in Captain EO they had a Borg queen-like character to lead their Borg even before they knew the Borg were going to have a queen.

I liked on Futurama when they went to a concert and the band that opened for The Head of Beck was...

Cylon and Garfunkel

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And Captain EO is?

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Michael Jackson sci-fi movie .. i think it was made solely to be shown as part of an attraction at a park or something..

i never saw the whole thing, but i taped a nifty special on it hosted by whoopi goldberg in 1988

it had jacko as EO, and anjelica huston as a borg-queen like character that stole peoples music-energy.

and a robot that turned into a synthesizer.. kick ass

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps