Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What Happened...

Author Topic: What Happened...
Conundrum
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the Voyager series in fact actually I think it was pretty much the best Star Trek yet... But saidly I missed like almost the entire last few months of episodes (I think the last one I saw was when 3 of the crew infultrated the borg and got assimilated then deassimilated...)

What happened? In my San Diego (where i live) they haven't been replaying the episodes so now it looks like I'll never know what happened...

All I atleast want to know is did they get back to earth?

and just a second question: how come they couldn't remove all the borg stuff from Seven of Nine but they could with Janeway and Tuvok when they were assimilated, not including Picard when he was assimilated...Shouldn't they atleast have a similar eye piece or something like Seven of Nine...?

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: Conundrum ]

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are all good questions. And some answers will contain spoilers so....
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
Okay...the episode you speak of was the season finale and premiere for seasons 6 and 7 respectively. Since you live in San Diego, I've no idea why you would miss out on the entire 7th season. But to answers your mosr dying question is that they did get back home. How they did, I'm not telling, but the episode did have some time travel in it.

As for removing any Borg implants from Torres, Tuvok, and Janeway...I don't remember them mentioning if they did or not or even how if it was possible.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another example to use would be Picard. Anyway, there are two reasons for this. One, from the production standpoint, was because having Borg implants wasn't going to be a permenant part of Picard's character. (Or Janeway, Tuvok, and Torres'.) Two, Seven had been a Borg her entire life, while Picard and the others were only assimilated for a few days.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is my personal take and hope on the situation:

Bev was a kickass doctor and by virtue of her skills was able to remove all the implants. The Doc simply didn't have that information programmed into him (why would it?) and thus was unable to perform the same thing. Hopefully, after the series finale, Sev visited Bev and got the rest of the implants removed.

As for Janeway, Tuvok, Torres; they went in with the idea of having them removed eventually, and took the right precautions.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you serious when you say this is the "best" Trek series? What about DS9 TOS and TNG? Voyager comes in fourth on my list of favorite Trek series.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, no, not this discussion.

(But DS9 is no doubt the best series! Just because it dared to discuss issues, and VOY just had the weekly anomaly/attack on ship/Seven in love storyline.

--------------------
Meh

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah actually my list of favorite Trek series goes like this:

TOS
DS9 & TNG (tie!)
The Movies
The Animated Series
Early Voyages comics
New Frontier novels
Challenger novels by Diane Carey
Starfleet Academy comics
Phase II
The unmade Assignment Earth spinoff
Mork & Mindy (because Kirk was in it, its canon)
Homeboys in Outer Space
Enterprise

and lastly,
Voyager

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps