Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Vulcan Portrayal

Author Topic: Vulcan Portrayal
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
With reruns of My Wife and Kids , The West Wing and newcomers like the Wayne Brady Show, I decide to step away from the norm and watch VOY reruns. Anyway, last night UPN played "Author, Author." the classic Data episode where they try to prove The Doctor or Joe is a sentinent being. I getting of the subject. In this episode as throughout the series Tuvok looks more constipated than emotionless. Well I can't blame him for having to keep a straight face while filming. Could you?

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little confused, I'm sure you mean this is a 'Doctor' episode, not a 'Data' episode.

Anyway, perhaps Tuvok was under strain due to his recently diagnosed neurological disorder.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he means that it's the classic Data story. (Meaning an artificial life-form struggles to oprove he is equal/sentient.)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps