Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Workforce Part 1.

Author Topic: Workforce Part 1.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmm lovely opening shot! GREAT EFFECTS! Mojo was that your doing!?! NICE

Can I just say Chakotay's a VEGETARIAN - balls! What about all those Pot Roasts that Janeway cooked for him and her... yeah they were always burnt... maybe her cooking turned him vegetarian!

And what about the episode before - what about Seven's food he was eating... I'm sure he was eating meat there.

Harry's "Meat Nectar" line! The Doc and Harry in Sick-bay LOL! Great stuff.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that caught my attention was how the enemy ship looked the same as the Breen's. Could this mean that the Breen had travelled to the Delta Quadrant and those bastards from Workforce captured their ship?

I hope the next tape is released this week.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I noticed that too - do they think we are MORONS!?! How hard would it have been to tinker with it a little more than what they had already done... Its in the bloody computer.

I mean even turning it on it's side would have worked better!

But yeah - maybe the Breen fell through a wormhole or something!?!

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was pretty obviously a modification of the Breen model, but so what? It wasn't the first time, and the model was modified to an extent that would have been difficult with a physical model. (Cut in half and then mirrored so as to be symmetrical, as I recall, not counting what other greeblies and doo-dads may or may not have been stuck to the hull.)
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Frankly, the final result looked more like something out of "Alien", or perhaps "Insurrection", with the horseshoe motif.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yeah - maybe if you had a long enough view it might look different - but for the amount of time and ANGLE that we saw it at - it just immediately said 'BREEN' to me. I know they've reused a lot - including rehashing that little Fed fighter a lot - in "The Void" It was noticeable - but it was good - it really - apart from the overall shape - didn't immediately make you go "FED FIGHTER!"

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nothing.. and i mean nothing..makes me go 'FED FIGHTER'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, you might be interested - I just picked up 7.9 ("Workforce pII" and "Human Error"). Time to go watch it...
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where is that line about Chakotay being a vegetarian? I can't recall that. Perhaps the German translation was faulty or missed out on that one.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

At the start, where a sick Harry Kim is talking to Neelix in the Delta Flyer.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I have to watch the ep again to see that. Must have missed it the first time.
Thanx anyway.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The part one of Workforce aired in Japan for the first time last night. As Capt. Janeway is leaving the Doctor in charge of the ship, she says "Take good care of the Yoyager." I haven't seen many episodes, but I thought that "the" was usually omitted with "Yoyager."

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is that the Japanese name of the ship?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, just bad typing. V's and Y's kinda look alike.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Both is fine... it's just that we've gotten use to "The Enterprise" and "Yoyager" - but they still say "Enterprise" and "The Yoyager".

oh Voyager ;o) j/k Masao ;o)

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps