Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » SolarFlare

Author Topic: SolarFlare
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay.. SolarFlare is back up! Nice new look, though I was rather use to and liked the previous 23rd century movie LCARS look too.

Hobbes

TheFSD.com

------------------
Got Trek?

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you have to move with the times. The MCARS graphic and colours were good - I always loved the Enterprise-B's colour scheme, and hassled CC for a long time to do the Forums in those colours - but ultimately the whole LCARS thing can get cheesy. So many sites out there use it nowadays, often badly. . .
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with that, that's why mine stays away from the LCARS theme. But this format will take some getting use to, I knew the other one so well I could get around with my eyes shut. Is there a banner I could use to put on my links page to here?

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but like I said in another thread...this blue strobelight thing we got goin on over on the right side really messes with my eyes.

------------------
"So where are the nuggets on a chicken anyway?"

IP: Logged
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you really don't like the strobe light effect you can use the cursor keys to scroll down the page rather than the mouse/scroll column thing.

It solves the problem with my father's laptop using NT and Netscape 4.6, I fried my own computers modem with a corrupted flash (grr) so I'm not sure if it works in Win98.

Or you can use the Pg Up, Pg Dn buttons
------------------
If a tree falls on a mime in the forest...does anyone care?

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited June 24, 1999).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he means the scrolling-flickering. I think he just means the pattern itself. Or I could be wrong. I'm not a mind-reader (at least, not as far as you know...). :-)

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah, huh? What am I thinking, yeah, what am I thinking?

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're thinking of a big pastry?
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's a mind reader!

What flavour?

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blueberry?

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

How correct! These people never cease to astound me!

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps