Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » My God he's right... (minor $-TDDuP)

Author Topic: My God he's right... (minor $-TDDuP)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim Lynch brought up something in his latest review I can't believe I've missed myself... It's a rather glaring continuity error regarding the Breen:

quote:
I'm not sure I buy into the story that no one knows what a Breen looks like underneath the helmet. For one thing, I imagine the Jem'Hadar might have checked at some point while they had one imprisoned--but more importantly, if I'm remembering correctly, at least one of Dukat and Kira disguised themselves as Breen while rescuing the Bajoran prisoners in "Indiscretion". I would assume that they got said disguises by taking them off stunned or killed Breen, which would make seeing them a foregone conclusion.

Thoughts/Explanations?

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I missed "Indiscretion," but that does seem logical.

As for the Dominion prisoner, wouldn't taking off his helmet kill him? I mean, the prison seemed to be at a somewhat confortable temperature for most humanoids. Wouldn't it be way too hot for an unshielded Breen to survive?

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does "The writers messed up" count as an explanation?

But perhaps Kira and Dukat kept their knowledge secret?

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe not kept secret, but perhaps neither thought it was that important so they never bothered to mention it to anyone.

Or maybe it's just that to the best of Worf's knowledge, no one has seen a Breen's face. Not that no one has *ever* seen one.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."--Yogi Berra
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning."
--Albert Einstein

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*thinks*

Exposed Breen physiology might go rather messy when exposed to heat. Pop off a helmet on Dozaria and squellllch..... No more Breen?

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the explanation I would prefer, Tom. Of course, that only works if you believe the Breen live in a really, really cold environment, as I do. If their homeworld falls in the "cold but not THAT cold" range, they probably wouldn't melt so.

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

Chimaera
Ex-Member

Perhaps the Breen come from a planet with a different type of atmosphere than that normally found (normally found as in an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere), such as a high methane type atmosphere. Perhaps they're like the chigs from Space: Above and Beyond, which decompose very rapidly after being exposed to the oxygen in a normal atmosphere, which could be an additional readon for their environment suits.

Unless this has already been disproven?

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just ask Princess Leia.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Tachy
Ex-Member

yeah, just ask her..

------------------
The SCIFI-ART.COM forums:
http://forums.scifi-art.com
- 2 months of existence
- already 180+ users
- 450 000 hits in 1.5 months
- 2D ships
- 3D ships
- Scale & Plastic models
- 3D tech support ( MAX, Lightwave,Truespace,...)
- Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'roll

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...urp...
We could always just grab Tom and rip off his mask...

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They got the breen disguise like they get everything else, replacate them.

------------------
BRAVES FAN

Simon
Ex-Member

Its often difficult to come upon replicators in the middle of a Breen mine of a barren dessert planet.
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I admit i barley remember the ep. but didn't they have a ship in that one. a shuttle or something about that size?

------------------
BRAVES FAN

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps