Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Kirk (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Kirk
TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DiCaprio as teenage Anakin? Over my dead body, but the worst thing is, I actually see a resemblance between him and young Ani... Am I going crazy?

By the way, "The return" s*cks big time! I bought it after a positive review in a magazine. Well, you can tell I'm never gonna trust anyone over novels ever again. As for the (post-mortem) continuing aventures of our good captain, it seems Shatner is desperatly trying to get his character back to fame. Well Will, it ain't gonnna happen.

On a side note, does anyone know when the "Enterprises" book is coming out?

------------------
-Doctor: We'll defend ourselves! They won't get what they're after!
-Aliens: Huh?
-Doctor: I mean, you won't get what you're after!
ECH to Hierarchy vessel in VOY "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor Spy"

-Seven: *Kissing the doctor* It was a platonic gesture. Don't espect me to pose for you.
-Doctor: *Embarassed* Understood.
Seven to the Doctor in VOY "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor Spy"

[This message has been edited by TerraZ (edited October 21, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of that one, but I'll be looking now!!

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is is all right I don't want to talk about DiCaprio?

I always liked the young Kirk, especially back in the 70's when I was a child and always wanted to be like him (rather than Spock). The older Kirk is okay too, if we forgive him his work for ST V and a few overly pathetic moments.

Nevertheless, I don't want to see Shatner again. Old Kirk is dead, maybe the young Kirk could be featured in some kind of "Flashback" episode, but the plot must be very original.

------------------
Get your free signature at Ex Astris Scientia

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It won't work.

Kirk can't come back because they already killed him but he didn't actually die because he was in the nexus but then they killed him on Veridian 3. He can't come back.

Spock is gone too - so much so that Nimoy's doing adverts for Time Computers now.

Let them rest. They've given us great memories of Trek, but it's time to look to the future and what they're going to do about the next incarnation. I still think that after Voyager, they should have a break of about 2 or 3 years to create new and original storylines.

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is established that Spock and Scotty are in the right time to appear with the TNG crew. I could handle one of them being in a movie, or even both. It would be a great chance to use Sela again as well.

------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would definately like to see Spock again. He's literally a living legend.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Spock should be in the next movie, too. Since it'll probably be the last one with the TNG crew, I'd say they should go out with a bang. Something like ST6. Give them one last chance to save the Federation and reshape the political landscape in the quadrant. Something with the Romulans and the Reunification plot would be great, and give the producers an opportunity to bring in Spock AND maybe use Sela as the villan. It'd be nice to see Denice in at least one movie. Of course, if you eliminate the Romulan threat, you'll need to bring in the Borg more often. Gotta have at least one classic villan left.

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The next TNG movie simply has to be the return of Q in all his mischevious glory.

------------------
"And I can't approach myself, skating over this perdition."
--
Soul Coughing

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but what can Q do, short of threaten all Humanity? Been there. Done that. Twice.

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing as how Q is an ommipotent being, I'd say the answer to that question is "anything".

------------------
"And I can't approach myself, skating over this perdition."
--
Soul Coughing

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

As much as DeLancie has meant to TNG, he deserves a movie.

------------------

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the original subject, I'd love to see Kirk back in Trek X, XI, XII, or whatever. The problem is does anybody know anyone who can do it right? That's the main concern. It worked great with Spock in Star Trek III because of that last scene in II and they had a writers in Nimoy and Bennett. So with Trek's curent roster, who's left? That's the problem. There aren't any more Harve Bennett's or Nick Meyer's that can truly make it work.

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5/Crusade Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Contributing Writer
Beyond Babylon
http://www.b5mg.com/Beyond_Babylon

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only way I could stand to see either Shatner or Nimoy in another Trek movie or series would be if they appeared in a cameo, a-la Alfred Hitchcock.

Perhaps in a scene in a turbolift where the main characters get on as Shatner or Nimoy get off?

Please. Not more than 15 seconds of either.

--Baloo

------------------
Carpe Canem (Translation: Damn! The dog pooped on the carpet! AGAIN!!!)
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I think the movies really need someone like Nick Meyer (or hey, how about Nick Meyer himself). The next gen movies have not been particularly strong in the writing or directing departments. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Frakes is a bad director, I just believe that someone like Meyer could do a hell of a lot more with the weak scripts they've been churning out (or just write a better one- he did that fairly well too).

------------------
"Stood in firelight, sweltering bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent." -Rorschach

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps