Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » fleet sizes ("when it rains..." $)

Author Topic: fleet sizes ("when it rains..." $)
grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers ahead...
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
In this episode, martok said that 1500 Klingon ships would be availbale to deploy along the war front. The romulan in the room said that the klingon ships would be outnumbered 20 to 1. At first I thought this might just be an exageration, but later in the episode, worf said the same thing. So, this would mean that the combined forces of the breen, jem'hadar, and cardassians in the AQ eould be 1500*20=30,000 ships. Lots of ships, but it makes sense when you consider that this war is being faught over thousands of lys. Now, I don;t expect that the klingons would really only have 1500 ships when the breen, dominion, and cardassians have 30,000. But maybe the klingon ships were just at toher points along the war front. Now, what does this tell us about the lfeet size of the romlans, klingons, and federation? Well, the allies would have fewer ships than the breen/dominion/cardassain alliance. Let's say about 25,000. I'm sure the federation has more ships than the romulans or klingons, maybe around 9,000, leaving 8,000 for the romulans and 8,000 for the klingons. Of course, these numbers could be different from what i'm stating by thousands. Maybe the klingons being outnumbered 20 to 1 meant rounding the number of kligon ships to either 1,000 or maybe even 2,000.

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
take admiral!?!" -Ambassador
Picard during his command
of the Enterprise-E in the
Ba'ku incident.

IP: Logged
monkeyboy
Ex-Member

I think that just meant that onlt 1500 ships were along the front and maybe they have other ships further in the empire.

Maybe they compared the total of all estimate enemy ships to the total ships that the Klingons can muster on the front.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That figure of 1500 ships could just be along one front of attack. In the case of WW2 Pattons 3rd Army was only one attack group of several. It's probably the same in this case.

------------------
'Sir, you've been ordered not to take Polermo'

'Ring General HQ, ask them if they want me to give it back'.

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ships in the tens of thousands? No wonder Starfleet has to keep recylcling the same names over and over again. Especially since no Federation planet other than Earth (and even there it is heavy on American and British nomenclatures)gets to have anything but a token vessel here and there that carries a namesake from that world. Of all the starships we have seen maybe a half dozen Vulcan names and one Klingon one.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Chimaera
Ex-Member

I believe something like "we can deploy 1500" ships was said by someone, which would agree with what mokeyboy and Daryus Aden said, the Klingons must have ships deployed within their empire, especially after the Breen attack on Earth. Same for the Romulans and Federation.

But if I were a fleet commander for the Dominion, I would not deploy any Cardassian vessels along the front any longer. The risk for their defection would be too great in my opinion.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't it 1300?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps