Next movie could be about Starfleet Cadets
Older cast (more cost expensive) being replaced by younger stars
------------------

[This message has been edited by Trinculo (edited June 30, 1999).]

IP: Logged
jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the only thing that seemed to make sense in that was the last few lines. That these things can't be done trap-door like. Fans would revolt if out of nowhere Picard was dropped from Trek.

------------------
Proverbs for Paranoids, 3: If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*has decided there is extremely little credibility to that article... mostly because of fans' reactions*

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was afraid of something like this soner or later. If anyone can ruin Star Trek, it's Berman. Something he has never understood, it's not the frachise, it's Quality. Voyager has had the lowest quality scripts, and the loest ratings. If they go flight school with the next movie, I wont go to a theater to see it.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the area Voyager is shown in, its ratings are not bad at all.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fear that we are going to see some version of the ST mentioned in the article. Mr. Berman has spoken about the next film being neither completely TNG or DS9 or VOY. And there is talk of a show set at the Starfleet Academy. Everytime I read Mr. Berman saying that the next Trek will be different from previous ST and having a new approach, I feel that ST is being "watered down". My question, how "watered down" can ST be before it is no longer Trek.

One depressing note: Mr. Braga, who has been helming Voyager, is writing the new script and may have a role in the next show.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Star Trek is still very Star Trek if you mean in ideals, allegories, and themes. A Braga movie cannot be that bad. I was dreading a Piller one and I loved Insurrection!

------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elim: I'll grant you Voyager's rateings would be better if it was all most anywhere but UPN. In fact, the rateings are probley miss leading. I don't have UPN, but I get Voyager on Sunday at midnight, which may not count toward it's rateings. But as inconsistant as the series has been, I don't think I'd pay to see a Voyager movie. The biggest draw for me in trek has always been Enterprise, her crew and her adventures.

Even though I was disapointed in the last season of DS9, I like the show enough to go see a DS9 movie, maybe. I don't know, to me this does not bode well for the future of trek. I could live without Picard as long as I had the Enterprise. I could live without the Enterprise if I had the Defiant. But I think that's where I draw the line.(cough)

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

If Voyager was seen in as much of the U.S. as DS9, the theory goes that the ratings would be significantly higher, that's all.

Anyway, a DS9 movie would be too... coincidental.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps