Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Children of Time($- Season 7)

Author Topic: Children of Time($- Season 7)
Bentley
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking about this episode a few days ago and, although the writers didn't know about how they would finish the series, I find it funny that Odo should be dead in this episode. It was a late season 5 ep, and if he was infected nearly 3 years ago with the virus he should have been dead. I just found that amusing for some reason.
IP: Logged
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One word, oops.

Well, maybe something on that planet inhibited that disease or something........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Easily worked out in fact.
That planet inhibited his ability to shape shift.

Odo had to adapt a way to shape shift and that lead his ability to survive or, the planet had something that inhibited the disease from taking effect.

Shape shifting accelerates the disease, maybe this helped. Could someone be able to put my ramblings into coherent theories?>

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this disease seems to be one that is turned on and turned off. In the other timeline it was never turned on...?

------------------
there's a bird in the chimney,and a stone in my bed
when the road's washed out,they pass the bottle around
and wait in the arms,of the cold cold ground

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a more simple explanation. The writers cocked up, AGAIN!

------------------
The public is wonderfully tolerant - it forgives everything except Genius.

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why did it take so long for the Virus to show up in Odo, if he was infedted first.

------------------
PARTURITION

LB4747
Ex-Member

Well, in between the time Odo was first infected and now, he was made into a solid by the Founders. Assuming the virus only affects changelings, there was a long stretch of time when Odo no longer had the disease. He wouldn't have contracted it again until the next time he came in contact with the link.

------------------
"Since you put me down
It seems
I've been very gloomy
You may laugh
But pretty girls look right through me" -In The Darkest Place

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can we be sure that he'd lose the disease if he was turned into a solid? Could he not still carry it?

------------------
Garak: "I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences." (DS9: "Cardassians")

LB4747
Ex-Member

I suppose he could still carry it, but there hasn't been anything that suggests the disease is transmittable to or can infect solids. Since Section 31 is behind it, presumably they genetically engineered it so as to only affect Changelings.

And if he did still carry it, even as a solid, it was most likely in a dormant state during that period.

------------------
"Since you put me down
It seems
I've been very gloomy
You may laugh
But pretty girls look right through me" -In The Darkest Place

[This message was edited by LB4747 on May 17, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One can be a carrier without contracting a disease. Note the case of "Typhoid Mary."

Of course, this also means he probably infected that other solo shapeshifter, whatsizname.

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, poor Laas...

------------------
Garak: "I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences." (DS9: "Cardassians")

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He died (dies)? Crap, I'd better watch my tape. I won't be able to get to it until Staurdya afternoon, though.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps