Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Comparison between the last episode of DS9 and STNG $$$$$(spoilers)$$$$$$

Author Topic: Comparison between the last episode of DS9 and STNG $$$$$(spoilers)$$$$$$
Golden Phoenix
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as many of you have said, this is the end of DS9. I remember fondly the last episode of STNG 7 years ago. Seing Capt. Jean-Luc Picard going back to bed because everything was now all right was strangely comforting. Yes, everything finished with everybody alive and well. A kind of positive farewell picture of a roving company in a starship in which we lived with each week for seven years.

Strangely enough, I don't feel the same about the end of DS9. Sure, Worf is now an Ambassador, Ezri and Bashir are together but Kira and Odo are seperated as well as Capt. Sisko and is wife. O'brien returns to Earth to teach at the Academy (more separations). Even Quark is staying back and is engaging in a relationship with Kira that is strangely like the one he had with Odo. Strange... Melancholy, yes that's how I feel at this moment. At the end of a 7 years era... It's like loosing a friend. I'm in shock. Can't say much more, my mind is not made up ...

But most of all I'm frustrated that Vic Fontaine got about 3 or 4 minutes of this final show. The more I think of it the more it makes me mad. So much could have been said without his signing. I know that it doesn't make sense but there it is.

Sorry about my rambling everyone, but I wanted to share my thoughts with a group who would, I'm sure of it, understand me.

What are your thoughts ?

IP: Logged
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The key word here is "change". Everything changed at the end of DS9 but not TNG. TNG should not and could not change at its end because it was going on to the movies for sure, but there is no telling whether or not DS9 will. I thought the end of DS9 was sad that people left, but at least everyone stayed alive and well. It's not "happily ever after" (although I wish it were), but then since when was DS9 anything about that?
As for Vic, I love Vic, so I'm not complaining.

------------------
"We offered him unchallenged control of the Alpha Quadrant, and all he could think about was his daughter."
--Weyoun, "In the Pale Moonlight".

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I felt at the last ep of TNG like I wanted more cause I knew it wasn't over. DS9 left me with a since of sadness, but a satifaction that the trials these people have gone through are over. Like Starfleet gave them all an early, with-pay retirement.

I assume everyone will lead a boring life on the station until Sisko comes back, if ever. Everyone else (O'Brien and Worf) could possibly be seen in the next TNG flick, with the exception of Odo.. I think Odo would only return if he was called upon by Kira or Sisko to help fight a battle or something.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #1 : Always try to help a friend redeem himself from a past mistake.

[This message was edited by bryce on June 06, 1999.]

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mean to be annoying but first of all TNG ended 5 years ago. Also the last ep ended with Picard playing poker with the rest of the crew.

Anyway I like how the show ended for the most part. I don't agree with Odo and Siskos departers from the station. Other then that I liked it. Just sad to see it end.

------------------
If you need it I can build it. Just as long as there is a box of junk for me to use.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a tremendous feeling of...uncompleteness from DS9's finale. There's so much more to do. I greatly enjoyed what we saw, though.

------------------
"Near the door! They leave reality inside!"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it. Can anyone make a midi of the music that played during the flashback scenes, I liked it too.

::Looks at clock...2:40am, wow it's late. School is out, no worries::

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's so strange to know that next week, instead of seeing DS9, it will be something else. I liked the series finale, but it made me sad. The title was appropriate with what happend in the episode. Things that were left behind would move on, life moves on. But I wonder, if Paramount makes a DS9 movie, will it bring back everyone and let Bajor join the Federation?

------------------
"Am I your fire
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way."

- Backstreet Boys

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The story was incomplete. Not a bad episode, but, well, it left me wishing that they had finished more of what they started.

------------------
ALL GOOD THINGS

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it was suppose to be incomplete, for a potential movie or something. You never know.

Hobbes

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm....wasn't it five years ago?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*nods* I agree with Excalibur. There still seemed to be some things left unresolved. maybe that was intended so they COULD make a movie, i dunno. I think the reason i liked this series more was because they dealt more with characters' lives than missions and such, necessarily. ie, the dominion war was the ongoing plot, so the time normally spent filling us in on what was happening in *this* show, was opened up for us to see into the characters' lives. maybe the next series will do the same thing.

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps