Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Breen

Author Topic: The Breen
Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Although I somewhat question this, some have complained.....

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

$
At some point during the Final Chapter Worf says something to the effect that noone had ever seen what a Breen looks like and lived to tell about it. However, I can think of atleast 2 occasions where this has taken place. One was in the ep titled Indiscretion" where Kira and Dukat wear Breen uniforms to rescue Bajoran hostages. And also in "What You Leave Behind", Kira wears one again to rescue Damar and Garak. I assume they took these off of Breen, but I could be wrong. Dead Breen or bad writing?

------------------
"So where are the nuggets on a chicken anyway?"

[This message was edited by Deep6 on June 16, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erm...you will soon be facing the wrath of the spoiler god...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, that would hardly qualify for bad writing.

The episode is "Indiscretion".

I have seen more threads in the past two months titles "The Breen" than I'd care for, despite how interesting they are...

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*agrees with Frank* If I were you, I'd edit the message, or not visit this thread for a few days. Lee gets kind of angry when he reads a thread that has spoilers, and no one says something about it by using the ($) sign.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Deep6
Ex-Member

Sorry, oridnarilly I probably would have, but i wrote this one in a hurry. Although, i wouldnt be to upset if someone had told me that before hand....so and so died is a spoiler too me, not something someone said, especially when it isnt critical to the story.

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$till $poiler$ for those of you who are wary.

$$$$

"And also in "What You Leave Behind", Kira wears one again to rescue Damar and Garak." is certainly a spoiler.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

jh
Ex-Member

I had the same reaction, Deep6. Until I figured out it was the Kira thing that everyone was upset about. Oh well.

------------------
Proverbs for Paranoids, 3: If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

Deep6
Ex-Member

Anyways....back to the matter at hand...

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Worf say that on the Breen ship, before Kira stole the Breen stuff?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Deep6
Ex-Member

Probably, but that doesnt really matter. "Indiscretion" took place long before the war even started. Assuming she took it off a Breen, she would have had to see one.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back when we took it for granted that the Breen came from a very cold world, my theory was that by the time anyone managed to get a Breen out of his or her suit, what was left was hardly recognizable.

Now? Who knows.

------------------
"According to myth, the earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in six minutes."
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Deep6
Ex-Member

Yeah, remember those aliens in Space: Above and Beyond?

------------------

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps