Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Once and Future DS9 (Spoilers)

Author Topic: The Once and Future DS9 (Spoilers)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been thinking about "What You Leave Behind" recently, and about the next series. It seems to me that what DS9 has left behind is a whole bucket of plot threads.

DS9 has left us with several major shifts in the Trek status quo.

A new leader and perhaps a new era dawning in the Klingon Empire and the Ferengi Alliance.

A huge mess in what's left of the Cardassian Union.

The mystery of the Breen.

And that's just a few of them. My point is that DS9 has left quite a few stories behind. The fate of Cardassia, for instance, seems particularily interesting. Because of this, I'm hoping that the next series will be set in the current Trek timeline. I would be more than a little annoyed if all of this was simply ignored.

------------------
"It's not my birthday, it's not today. It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me?"
--
They Might Be Giants

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good point

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good point!!

I really hope they will go on with the story in the new series.

------------------
Bugs Come In Through Open Windows.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
*yawn* Heigh-ho, it's that old double standard operating again. B5 leaves a lot of loose ends and unanswered questions and it's symptomatic of what a complete disaster the show was, with its sloppy plotting and sense of incompleteness. DS9 leaves a lot of loose ends and unanswered questions and immediately everyone's saying what a wonderful opportunity it is.
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
B5 is not a franchise, bud.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To use the hip phrase for "I disagree with your opinion and wish to insinuate your abuse of illegal substances," what the hell are you smoking?

I couldn't care less about plots integral to DS9 that weren't dealt with. Kai Opaka, etc...those are gone. I'm specifically thinking of changes made in the final episode to the "fabric" of the Trek universe. That has almost nothing to do with the quality of the episode. Just that they set up some interesting situations.

As for B5, I could scarcely care less. The way things are going, I don't think I'll ever see SiL unless I can find it at the video store. But, er...what was left to finish up, anyway? From my knowledge of seasons 1-4, I can't really put my finger on any forgotten plot threads...

------------------
"It's not my birthday, it's not today. It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me?"
--
They Might Be Giants

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, God, where to start? Just the ones left by the departures of Michael O'Hare, Andrea Thompson and Claudia Christian would fill a book. . .
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some other things, like what about Sisko's and Kassidy's baby? And what about the Dominion, did they stay in the Alpha Quadrant? or go back to their territory?

Of course, everyone will be itching to know what happened in the aftermath.......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message was edited by Tahna Los on June 20, 1999.]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps