Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Looking back at the Dominion War

Author Topic: Looking back at the Dominion War
Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Two years of war. Billions of lives lost. Thousands of ships destroyed.

In the past seven years, we have seen the Dominion evolve to what we see them as now. Here are a few questions that will be going up on my website:

Remember, the answers to these questions are your opinions.

01.) When was the defining moment of tension between the Dominion and the Alpha Quadrant?

02.) When do you feel the Federation's hatred of the Dominion came from?

03.) What event of the war captivated you? (eg. what event sent you into a state of awe as you watched the television?)

04.) Who will join the Federation?

05.) How do you feel the Alpha Quadrant will recover from the losses and damages left by the war?

06.) Give me a rough number of the percentage of Starfleet lost to the Dominion.

Thanks!

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Canal/6569
"You're young," said Athos. "Your bitter memories still have time to turn into sweet ones."

[This message was edited by Jamaharon on June 18, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Jamaharon
Ex-Member

Here are my answers.

01.) When was the defining moment of tension between the Dominion and the Alpha Quadrant?

I'm not to sure of the answer to this question. I would say when the changelings infiltrated Starfleet, Klingon & Romulan empires, etc.

The destruction of the starships Odysssey, Maryland, Proxima, and Sarajevo.

03.) What event of the war captivated you? (eg. what event sent you into a state of awe as you watched the television?)

The destruction of the Majestic and the Sitak.

Bajor and Cardassia.

05.) How do you feel the Alpha Quadrant will recover from the losses and damages left by the war?

Just as in World War II: rebuild and forgive.

06.) Give me a rough number of the percentage of Starfleet lost to the Dominion.

I would say 1/2 of all Allied ships were lost (Klingons, Romulans, Federation)

------------------
"You're young," said Athos. "Your bitter memories still have time to turn into sweet ones."

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

Sorry, double posted.

jh
Ex-Member

1) When the minefield went up. Or rather just before it went up when all of the convoys kept coming through the wormhole.

2) I would say from either the attack on the Odyssey or from their refusal to negotiate under any circumstances.

3) The invasion of Chintaka.

4) Bajor. Possibly Cardassia.

5) Fairly easily I would say. Though what I really want to know is how Betazed faired during its occupation (and whether Troi will ever mention it) and whether or not we got back that planet from the Romulans.

6) I would think that anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of Starfleet ships were destroyed or damaged beyond repair. How many times did we here about a fleet of one hundred or more vessels losing almost all of them?

------------------
Proverbs for Paranoids, 3: If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

I think the first being the 7th fleet... the number of ships escapes me, and the 312(?) at Chin'toka in "The Changing Faces of Evil".

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Cardassia will join, at least not so soon. But the Klingon and Romulan empires seem more likely than Cardassia. Bajor is no doubt. Though I find the Romulans iffy, but the Klingons I feel sure about in saying they may join the Federation. Especially with Martok in charge of the Klingon Empire and he respects both Sisko and Ross, and has Worf as his Federation ambassador to Qo'nos.
The Romulans on the other hand...they saw the Dominion as a common enemy so the alliance was a way of striking the Dominion to protect themselves and not the Federation. There may be a few Romulans on the Senate that would want to join the Federation, at least increase the interaction between the two governments without actually becoming members. Though I also guess that there's more old fashion Senate members who like to keep with the old ways and not change.

My favorite moment of the Dominion War has to be "Sacrifice of Angels" battle scene.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) The surprise destruction of the Odyssey.

2) Probably the War, wouldn't you think?

3) The "Fleet From Hell"

4) Bajor. Cardassia will likely become a protectorate. The Klingon-Federation ties will strengthen, but they will probably not unite just yet.

5) The Marshall Plan

6) 33+1/3% of everybody's ships.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Romulus will NEVER JOIN THE FEDERATION!!
THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HE-AHH!!

*COUGHS, sorry, coughs*

Klingons may, but I'd be very iffy about it.

Out of 112 Allied ships, only 14 came back. As featured in 'A Time to Stand'.

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

The Odyssey "incident."

The Odyssey "incident" again.

The Battle to Retake DS9.

I actually say "no one" for a few years...

Peace!

39%.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*I don't want to be a sore loser, but I think this subject REALLY goes under DS9*

1) Probably when the Dominion first came into the Alpha Quadrant and went into Cardassian space.

2) The Founders' zeal to crush the Federation and all solids, and its refusal to back down from their quest.

3) The destruction of the Oddysey (gawd, that explosion was awesome)

4) Bajor will join the Federation for sure. I believe the time is right. As for Cardassia, I'm not sure, but I believe that the joint Fed/Kli/Rom provisional government proposed by Sol in a thread way back when will take root here.

5) I can't really say

6) More than a third of its fleet. Makes Wolf 359 look like a mosquito bite.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps