Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Section 31 and the USS Bellerophon (possible $poilers)

Author Topic: Section 31 and the USS Bellerophon (possible $poilers)
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching late last night the episode where Sloan and Section 31 first showed up, "Inquisition," and I noticed something interesting near the end of the episode. The Federation holodeck set that created the entire false setting was from Voyager!! It seems to me that Admiral Ross was working for Section 31 at this time. It's also makes me think that the writers had planned to use the Voyager sets at a later date. Can anyone add to this finding?

PS: Can anyone tell me when we saw Admiral Ross mentioned or seen onscreen and whether or not it was before or after "Inquisition?"

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ross was first seen in "A Time To Stand" at the beginning of season 6, actually.

------------------
The Molybdenum Home Page

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible that the Voyager holodeck setting was the only other holodeck set they had assembled (other than the one in Quark's), and they just didn't want to go to the expense of building another one. Works for me, since that style of holodeck is probably common to all ships of Voyager's class (Intrepid?), and probably newer ships of other classes as well.

Admiral Ross made quite frequent appearances in the war arc at the beginning of season 6, and has appeared somewhat regularily since. But I don't recall any clues that he was in any way connected with section 31 before Inter Arma.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

[This message has been edited by Chimaera (edited August 11, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember Ron Moore saying that they were needing other starship sets for "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" and it just so happened that many of the Voyager sets were indeed available when they needed them, or otherwise they would have had to create some cheaper version ones... or something along those lines.

It really wasn't planned out before.

(And Ross was seen before "Inquisition" is what they're saying above, but not quite in so few words.)

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited August 11, 1999).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And yet in the end, it seems to me that Admiral Ross was working with Section 31 for at least a while before "Inter Arma..." was shown. Even if the usage of Voyager's holodeck set, then later on the Mess Hall and corridors and others was not planned to make it look like Ross was working with Section 31 or even involved in the plan, it makes Ross look pretty guilty.

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that 'Inter Arma..' was filmed at the same time as 'Bride of Chaotica', in which almost all the actoin occurs in the holodeck. Also, that was about the time the Bridge set was wrecked by fire.

Therefore the Voyager sets were available for use by the DS9 crew.

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And since they didn't use the Voyager Bridge for "Inter Arma..." that makes perfect sense!

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we did briefly see the bridge, when Bashir went through the door into the obs lounge.

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We'd almost have to. One of the cool things about Voyager's bridge set is that all of the first deck is a complete piece, or so I understand. This provides for some very cool shots, such as in "Disease" where we get a long scene between Janeway and (Chakotay? Kim?) that starts in the lounge, moves onto the bridge and then finally ends up in the ready room.

I like long shots.

------------------
"Hey Mr. Boo, fly away home. Your house is so lovely, your children so nice."
--
Hello (The Band)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Well, yes, but it wouldn't necessarily look damaged from such a distance.

And as for long scenes, they're always incredible. I remember an X Files once when the entire act was a scene (I don't know the name but it was the one where Mulder was on a British ship in the past, during or around the war). One big scene going through FBI headquarters. Yikes.

And that was my favourite part of "The Disease", too.

------------------

bonecrusher
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Did Voyagers Bridge really burn?
IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

There was a fire on the bridge set, which occurred during a press shoot. The fire consumed much of the carpeting, but little else, which is surprising since it's almost all wood.

They were lucky.

------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not much was destroyed by the fire, but I heard that the sprinkler system killed all the electrical wiring and circuitry in the panels. They ended up having to rebuild it all, but it only took a week or so.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps