Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What happens to Cardassia? (not quite spoilers)

Author Topic: What happens to Cardassia? (not quite spoilers)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody care to give an idea to what you think will happen to Cardassia and the Cardassians, now that it has been ripped apart building by building?

Someone also posted a story about the Fed/Kli/Rom involvement in Cardassia after it's destruction....... don't remember when though...... Perhaps he/she could repost it here?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe a rebuild operation is in order...

And these are spoilers, really.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
My guess would be a civilian government for Cardassia. The military, although still very much in existence, will probably have most, if not all, of its influence over government policy removed. Same goes for the Obsidian Order, if it still exists (which I doubt, although there always is a need for an intelligence service, and a certain plain and simple tailor happens to be available to rebuild it )

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Romulans and Klingons were most reluctant to give up territory captured during the war, I think Cardassian territory would be only a fraction of what it was at it's maximum some years before.

Basically, the Cardassian Union will have to rebuild everything, not just buildings and ships, but their entire society, from scratch, given the level of destruction they sustained.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Obsidian Order was replaced with the "Cardassian Intelligence Bureau" when the Dominion took over.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm (sort of) writing a post-war Cardassian story.

I postulate that the Federation Alliance sets up a provisional government on Cardassia overseen by a three-member directorate. Other worlds in the former Cardassian Union have similar setups. Once each planet is able to sustain itself, they're given a choice whether or not they wish to rejoin Cardassia or not.

I imagine the "real" situation is probably something similar.

------------------
"I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well."
--
Tool

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So would that mean that if the other former Cardassian Union planets decide not to rejoin the union, they have the option to apply for membership with the Romulan Star Empire, the Klingon Empire, or The United Federation of Planets?

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Tamarianspeak*
"MacArthur at Japan, After the War."

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in my story, under the terms of the postwar treaty among the members of the Alliance, all sides are forbidden from "encouraging" any world to join them until such time as those Directors I mentioned determine the world is ready. Not that that really stops anyone. And there lays the drama!

------------------
"I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well."
--
Tool

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps