Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Empok Nor (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Empok Nor
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good thought. Although I'm almost positive they said it was abandoned both in "Empok Nor" and in "Covenant". Also, no half mangled corps are seen strewn about. At least not until O'Brien's team boards the station :-)

They also said that the super soldiers were only left there when the station was abandoned. I don't think if the soldiers had killed everybody, they would've locked themselves up in those stasis units.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited December 21, 1999).]

warbird5
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Empok Nor orbits on it side like Uranus, doesn't it? It's probably dismantled right now by the occupying forces. maybe they should tow it back to Bajor and upgrade it like they did to DS9. then bajor will be like the 3rd most defended system in the alpha quadrant after Earth and the klingon homeworld.
IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Warbird, there's a thread going right now about up and down and "on its side" over in Gen. Dis. There really is no tilt in space. It's all relative. They always showed Empok Nor at an angle to accentuate the fact the the station is a scary, forboding, broken down place. I don't think they ever actually showed it orbiting anything either. Kinda weird.

It would take a massive effort not only to tow the station (probably at least a dozen ships) but also to refit it. It took the crews of DS9 years to refit their station and it's still not totally done.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Federation starships are always refited, but then again they don't have the mass Empok Nor or DS9 has, yet.

------------------
He can't be unoriginal
The way I feel is sexual
The way I feel is sexual.

He can't be just intellectual
The way I feel is sexual
The way I feel is sexual
When you're next to me.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK I haven't seen What You Leave Behind so don't spoil anything - but how about Towing it through the wormhole and plonking it on the other side.

------------------
"Its a CLOCK!" - Sisko, "Dramatis Personae" DS9.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, again, they'd have to use probably a dozen ships to tow it and would have to move at impulse speeds (low ones at that). It might take years to get it to the wormhole. I suppose they could fix it up first and move it like they moved DS9 in "Emissary". But that didn't seem like it would work all that well for long travel. They enough trouble getting DS9 to the Denorias Belt.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet, moving the station would not be impossible. Starfleet would just have to repair the SIF's, the IDF's, and the impulse systems and have a small starship nearby to transport out the crew onboard the station in case all hell breaks loose.

But I wouldn't be personally onboard Empok Nor when it is moved, I'd be onboard that ship nearby!

------------------
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you tight
Treat you right, be with you day and night
Baby all I need is time

-Britney Spears

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps