Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Despair

Author Topic: Despair
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is strange, to have a piece of a world,
just standing there, on a shelf, untouched.
Like a fine wine, to be savoured.
The last testament of a dying family, shared for years in times of joy and of despair.

A safe haven, a refuge from the world that kills you.
A blanket you can dwell in. A light you can turn off, to sink deep into oblivion, into Nirvana.

You start a journey without any knowledge of what has begun. Like life. The beginning of an end. Not as much the sun setting in the horizon, not the raindrop, vanishing in your palm. But a friend, going away for a long, long time.

"Get a life. It's just a TV-show!"

Harsh words to hear, when it is something that has touched your soul. An answer to a prayer. Make something count!

I have the last chapter of a long tale, stretching from early years. Seven great years. It is just sitting there, in my abode, waiting to be exposed, then thrown away. The last slice on the plate. And after it is gone, after that last sensation of delight, darkness.

For these words I may be ridiculed, for these statements I can be mocked. But no more than for listening to a ballad, a finetuned orchestra, or a hymn. For I have stepped out on the plank, cut half through the rope.

After this, there is no more of that sweet tune, that sweet face.

So judge me as you may, for this is my true self. A hopeless romantic, clinging to the last remnants of a passing time. A letter, unedited, untouched, tapped from the bottom of the bottle that is my soul.

For my time is at hand, to step into the light, and see what's on the other side. And after this experience, shall the passing of the enduring traveler, the lonely voyager, be any lighter?

I think not.

Sincerely
One who took it to him.

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
***stands back is silence

------------------
"I'm not feeling alright today, I'm not feeling that great"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So,
farewell
then;
Deep Space Nine.

While others
boldly went
you stayed
put.

Except
when you took out
the Defiant.

- E.J.Thribb (17 1/2)

------------------
"I cannot live out that life.
That man is bereft of passion... and imagination!
That is not who I am!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A DS9 Haiku:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
very real characters used
a story we'll miss

Andrew 16/1/00

oops! fixed it...

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited January 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited January 16, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, that doesn't work.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
It helps...i'm watching DS9 on a german satelite channel and the 6-th season just ended...just reading about the final season and about the end made me very upset and i fell in despair just from reading that...

I HATE when they end such a good show...DAMN! why did it have to end??? Don't the people at paramount have hearts?

BTW: Thanx Nimrod on some suthing (did i spell this right? no...i didn't) words...

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

[This message has been edited by Marko Latin (edited January 21, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. A pity you couldn't restrain yourself from reading ahead. Just don't talk about WYLB here. As my poem explained, if you read between the lines, I have the last two episodes waiting in my bookcase, until my brother has caught up to me in DS9.

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps