Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Oddity in "Take me out to the Holosuite"

Author Topic: Oddity in "Take me out to the Holosuite"
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching the DS9 ep, "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" last night and I noticed something sort of freaky in the final scene. The whole team is in the bar celebrating and sort of making fun of the Vulcan captain. Everybody's taking their shots at him so there's lots of quick camera shots of everybody. Then I noticed...Worf isn't there! He's not saying anything.

So I rewatched the scene, and sure enough, he IS there sitting at a table behind Bashir. The only thing is...it's not Worf. At least, it's not Micheal Dorn. It looks more like a Worf Halloween mask on top of a mannequin earing a baseball uniform. In the longest scene with the Worf doll, it is positioned strategically behind Alexander Siddig who is being very careful not to move his head as he laughs.

This is not my imagination. It is definately not Micheal Dorn. So I wonder why he wasn't there for filming. Given that the uniforms they have on in this scene show no signs of dirt (like when Sisko dove to catch that grounder) I would say the scene in the bar was filmed before the game. Maybe Insurrection filming took him away. Anyone got the skinny? Watch that scene though, it's weird.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not able to watch the scene, but that's weird. I wonder if it was a cost cutting stunt or a joke. I thought you were going to talk about Colonel Kira's uniform from changing between Kira and Nerys, but I didn't even see this when I watched it.

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm... My first thought was that this was possibly going to be about that fact that everyone signed the baseball using the Roman alphabet...

Anyway, the scene could have been filmed later, if they washed the uniforms. Maybe Dorn got sick or something, and he didn't have any lines in that scene, anyway (or very few), so they just stuck the dummy in, so they wouldn't have to wait.

------------------
"Compared to you, every male on this ship is an expert on women!"
-Geordi LaForge to Wesley Crusher, TNG: "Sarek"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but this was just such a bad fake! They could've put a wig on an extra and shot it from behind or something. It's really quite funny, he's just sitting there not moving at all while everybody else is laughing and pointing. I guess it sorta sounds like the real Worf...

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps