Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Breen Space (Size)

Author Topic: Breen Space (Size)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have decided that I would like to add Breen space to the list of Star Trek political entities that I have represented as parametric equations. However, I have no idea where to begin.

Therefore, I request your opinions on the size of Breen space. Please state your opinions as consisely as possible, as I want this to be accurate. Examples could include:

Half the volume of Cardassian space.

Half the diameter of Cardassian space.

3000 ly diameter.

Stuff like that. Please, no opinions on *where* Breen space is. I'll start a thread for that after I try to nail down how big it is.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any numbers for you, but it's important to remember that the Breen fielded a large fleet of ships, and Weyoun expressed surprise at just how large it is, perhaps suggesting a relatively small empire.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After looking at your current map, I'd say equal to Cardassian space.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well.. it'd better be bigger than Krenim Space

Seriously, I favor about 1/2 to 2/3ds Cardassian Space. A little bigger than whatever the Ferengi would have.

------------------
"I... love you more... than I did the week before... I discovered Alcohol""
-The Barenaked Ladies

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I always kind of thought they'd be about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the UFP...

BTW, since I'm a little behind on Voyager, who are these "Malon" on your map?

------------------
"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..."
-John Lennon, "Imagine"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are your friendly neighborhood Hazardous Waste handlers in the Delta Quadrent.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, that's the Malon alright.

Remember, keep those opinions flowing. I want to nail down Breen space.

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's two-thirds the size of the Cardassian Union, methinks. It has to be big enough to influence politics and small enough that even with the number of ships we've seen outside their space, it's still well protected.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hazardous... waste... um... Could we get a little more elaborative on this?

------------------
"They gave the ferret a teleprompter!"
-Louie the Lizard, Budweiser commercial

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Radioactive goo...antimatter that nobody wants anymore...disposable diapers. That sort of thing.

The thing about the Breen, though, is that they don't HAVE any political influence. That's why their fleet caught the Federation Alliance off guard. Before joining with the Dominion, few considered the Breen to be anything more than vaguely menacing privateers.

------------------
"And give me back my evil heart so I can see you as you are."
--
John Linnell

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

$Slight Malon Spoilers
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

$
$
$
$
$
In one eppy, the malon were poisoning the space and doing harm to another race, Voyager helped the other race.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

A note:

Since I do use spheres for these equations and ratios, diameter and volume are not equal. Clarification as to which you meant would be especially helpful.

Thank you.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps