Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Fan made DS9 Movie

Author Topic: Fan made DS9 Movie
Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read at Section31 that some guys are trying to make a DS9 movie with the Unreal-Engine (or better the DS9-TheFallen-Engine)at http://www.st-ds9-the-movie.com ! Would be a great idea...!
It is entitled "How you live".

When i will buy DS9-The Fallen i certainly will try to do my own movie!
Well, what do you expect?

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it comes out better than that one SW fan made one did.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me if this sounds rude, but isn't this SPAM?

{cackle}

Probable Moderator Response: Well, no, because it sounds interesting to me. You see, I am very inconsistant in how I determine what's spam ...

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, it's not his site, so he has nothing to gain,
and second, he's being informative, and not posting a message consisting of:

YO!!1! DUDESS!!!1 CHEKKC OUTT MY SITE!!!! WWW.GOECITIES>COM !!!!11!!!!!!!!1

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is correct. Posting a link is not spam. Posting an advertisement for a site, or posting for the sake of increasing a site's traffic, is spam.

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, and no it is not my site!
I stumbled over it rather by accident and thought it would be interesting to discuss this kind of project.
I think it is one of the best ways to keep DS9 alive (besides writing stories).
If the tool included in DS9-TheFallen is that good, then nearly everybody can make a movie!!
Somewhat the next step towards TV.

But no offense taken!

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't one have to supply the voices oneself? I mean, even if they had the actors prerecord a bunch of words, they wouldn't sound right when you put them together...

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That is correct. Posting a link is not spam. Posting an advertisement for a site, or posting for the sake of increasing a site's traffic, is spam.

I always wanted a definition. Though I think what you're indicating is how tactful and subtle you word the post determines whether it is spam or not. Because, technically, anything with a link in it is to some extent an advertisement.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Advertising, in the sense of just trying to get people to go there.

------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps