Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Cardassian security

Author Topic: Cardassian security
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*cough! cough!*
*hatchoo!*
*snarrrf*

A bit dusty in here. Watch out for spiders!

Anyway:
This is about the sloppy security measures taken by the Cardies when they took DS9 in season 5 (?).
How could a resistance cell remain unseen aboard a Cardie station? Why wasn't it rigged with listening-devices and the like? Why did they even keep a Bajoran officer for security?

------------------
"Dynamics is like playing hockey with a flexible hockey stick"
-My Physics teacher
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they kept Odo as head of security ... and Odo kept the Bajorans on task.

Remember: Bajor signed an alliance with the Dominion.

And besides, Weyoun would bend over backwards to please Odo. I don't think Dukat got much of a say in the matter.

And O'Brien f-ed up the station pretty well when they fell back, so maybe the Cardies are too busy fixing everything to set up espionage control measures?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"O'Brien fucked up the station pretty well"
LOL!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But for three months of the war Odo had no security force though so the cardi's could have installed security systems. But i believe the reason was that "we are all friends here".

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, but not if the Cardassians were too busy repairing all the damage. Don't you remember that O'Brien overloaded the station's mainframe? I think that takes a while to repair, even for the high-and-might Cardassians.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too found it somewhat laughable that Dukat (acting on his own) would not have ordered listening and video eavesdropping devices placed in, at least, Kira's quarters. For reasons of espionage as well as...erm...personal interest.

He would see her as an obvious security risk.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DS9 was under Dominion control, not Cardassian. I mean sure Cardassians were running things, as well as the Jem'Hadar, but it was ultimately Weyoun and the Founder in charge. And since the Bajoran's had signed a non-agression treaty, and the Dominion loves to show that they're a trusting and fair government bugging the station wouldn't look good on their part.

There's also the whole "Rebuild the computers and take down the minefield" task that had priority. I'm sure if DS9 were under Cardassian control things would of been different.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
Hobbes: "Irrational behavior."
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that ep where O'Brien got the "pup" (would like to know if it's still around, tweaking DS9 to best performance) he said that the alternative would be to rebuild the system.
It would take two, maybe three years!!! But after the "recapture" they were all set to go.
Inconsistency again, I guess...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's weird, I was just wondering about the "pup" yesterday. Wonder what happened to it?

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

::Burp::

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps