Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Is Bajor a UFP Member Yet?

Author Topic: Is Bajor a UFP Member Yet?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I don't know the answer to this ...

Has Bajor become a member of the United Federation of Planets yet? Was any timetable given for such a move? I know they tried it once, I just don't know if it happened or not ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Short and brief

Thanks

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, never happened. The Bajorans were just about to sign the deal making them a UFP world when Sisko, who was having visions of the future at the time, ran in like a lunatic and told them not to. So, they didn't. Nothing about the subject was ever mentioned again.

------------------
Kang/Kodos in '04!

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Thwacks Sol*

------------------
Kang/Kodos in '04!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that the time that Bajor has away from being a part of the Federation would be beneficial for their culture and identity. If they were swallowed up by the Federation straight away... they'd probably become just another backwater planet. Especially after them facing up to the Romulans... it showed that the Bajorans are beginning to be themselves, not just another Cardassian overrun planet.

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is, the next time we see DS9 on screen (big or small) we will discover that Bajor has recently joined the Federation and that some problems have come up as a result.

I don't think it will be a total loss since we'll get to see Kira in her Starfleet Commander's uniform again.

Geeerrrrowwwwwlllll

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps