Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Did he or didn't he?

Author Topic: Did he or didn't he?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Bashir end up "meeting" Lt Watley on the Enterprise?? Did he end up becoming his own grandfather? No WONDER his genes were all screwed up... to warrent a genetic resequencing...

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm ... it would explain a lot.

That would make his father his OWN great-great grandfather (or whatever it was)...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I rather doubt there was time. Plus, ew. Though she was quite the hottie.

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sultry!

Bizzare Bashir's father would be his great grandfather... he himself would be his own great great grandfather... his - 24th century - child would be his child and his granduncle

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this whole joke was a bit far fetched. I may be wrong, but genetically, wouldn't it be impossible for someone to start an ancestral line that ends up producing onesself? Lt. Watley certainly could've been his Great Grandmother or whatever, but we're into Back to the Future time here. He just would've disrupted history by meeting with her.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, not impossible, but, like in the show, I would imagine that your genes would be all kinds of goofed up.

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget, even though Bashir had his genes resequenced, he IS an enhanced human. His resequencing could have lasted until his father met his mother and that triggered a gene breakdown. In some ways, his resequencing was destined to happen. A genetic-time paradox if you will.

------------------
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

-Lord Darth Vader (Star Wars: A New Hope)

IP: Logged
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on, people! It was obviously just a joke that the writers threw in to screw with Bashir's head.
It probably wasn't his great-granddmother, anyway. Just a suspicion he had, and a vague recollection that she was in Starfleet.

AND we didn't learn of Bashir's genetic resequencing until 'Dr Bashir, I Presume', which came after 'Trials and Tribble-ations'.

It is an interesting thought, although, that Bashir's granny-nooky led in some way to his stupidity - some (Alabamy-cousin-lovin') way.
Unlikely though.

------------------
Go Mad.
Go Evil.
Just GO.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still, you have to admit it would be damned funny. "I'm my own great-grandpa" and all that.

------------------

Sacrificing small animals to the paper shredder gods.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps