Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Prophets... Season 7 $$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Prophets... Season 7 $$$
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good questions, all. Unfortunately, the answer to the question is that, in the beginning of the series, TPTB were leaning towards the "they're just a bunch of aliens that the Bajorans worship and the Federation will have to be respectful" explanation. So none of those questions were probably even asked let alone alone answered.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timo Saloniemi said:

"Which raises the question: why is the other end where it is, far away from stars? Is it just the necessary yet embarrassing other end of a Prophet digestive system? Is there some crucial function to the Temple having two doors? Is somebody in Gamma important to the Prophets?"

Could be a good lead in question to a follow up DS9 story (not that we'll likely ever see something official).

Why did the Prophet's allow the war to happen? Couldn't they have simply closed the other end, or moved it away from the Dominion? If Sisko were to come back he might have some explaining to do along those lines. Perhaps they thought it was important for Bajor to face the lessons of the war....

------------------
TK

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without the wormhole, how much attention would Bajor have attracted?

Also consider that, as a result of contact and war with the Dominion, Bajor is now one of the more important worlds in the quadrant, and her greatest enemy has been vanquished, perhaps forever.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the bajorans exist in Trek before the wormhole? Ensign Ro?

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Ensign Ro, was the first Bajoran seen on Trek...

I wondered that too, a long time ago - especially in Season 2, with the Skreeans... why Bajor? Why Idran? Again, this could be explained by Sisko actually being the first to introduce linear time to them.

So as was mentioned above, everytime they stuck their hand out they didn't know when and where it would happen, to us it would look like centuries had passed...

So the two ends of the wormhole could have been anchored BECAUSE Sisko, introduced them to linear time... BECAUSE then they would need a connection between these two quadrants for Odo to pass through, for the ensuing war - but again here comes all the messy temporal stuff - these things... the wormhole actually being anchored in those two systems it being there AT ALL was a result of Sisko... and linear time.

My head hurts...

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, when Ro was introduced, they were the "Bajora", not the "Bajorans."

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that very first episode, perhaps. But the general Bajoran situation (along with the N) was laid out in TNG too.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best damn explanation I have ever heard.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone read the DS9 "Millenium" mega-trilogy? IIRC it settles a few of these points (though I can't for the life of me remember how).

*scuttles off to the library*

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps