Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I met Mojo yesterday and saw him again today. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I met Mojo yesterday and saw him again today.
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man he's my friggen idol now! This man does exactly what I want to do with my life. (and he is cool as hell, funny..)

He showed a room full of people his unfinished book (which was sweet) and images from Ship of the Line 2003 (which was SO FRIGGEN SWEET). I wanted to ask questions about every single one but I didn�t want to be annoying and ask about stuff like poly count and technical stuff some people didn�t understand.

Starting today I�m leaving 3D Studio max and getting into Lightwave, I�m going to fill out my portfolio with some animations, make a tape, and start sending it out.

Anyway... If you are reading this Mojo... thanks for an awesome show (i was the annoying one that asked you about my portfolio when you had to head over to the Free Enterprise screener). I was going to tape the whole thing but I figured releasing images of the SOTF2k3 calendar to the net would be rude. So no pics for you!

[ July 07, 2002, 18:25: Message edited by: Proteus ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo, you going to be at Shore Leave again this year?
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what can you actually tell us about the book? What ships and scenes did it include? When is it going to be released?
Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
write to pocket books and say you want the book Unseen Frontier. There was alot of scenes they didn't show in TOS re-rendered. Klingon battle and whatnot... Some new pictures of Kirk being captured by Klingons. Forgot the damn episode is based on.

The Ships of the Line 2003 was amazing. I dunno about how public he wants to make the details though.. he said we were the second group to see this or something.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There was alot of scenes they didn't show in TOS re-rendered.
I realize I'm being dense here, but: Wha?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Effects things? Like the Klingon/Federation battle above Organia? (That was something we requested here wasn't it?)

I don't know if Mojo is going to read this, and I can't remember if anyone mentioned it but a Scene from the "Cardassian Wars" which came before TNG would be good...

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Edipissed Wrecks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
something with the USS Rutledge would be mucho coolo.
IP: Logged
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear BOBW scenes.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, Proteus how did you meet him? Was this in Los Angeles?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That I will buy this book is a given. Everyone on three message boards has heard that from me.

ALL I need to know is... WHEN???????

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to my sources, "early next year" (whenever THAT means)...I posted over at TrekBBS (the Pocket editors post there sometimes) looking for more info, but no luck so far.

Everybody involved in the project has been mysteriously quiet about just what has been the problem that keeps delaying the book...anyone got any info on that?

Wes
Member # 212

The Convergence in MN. I live in Costa Mesa, CA... but im sorta floating around the country right now.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope in scenes with multiple ships of the same class, that they don't all have the SAME windows lit - i.e. just a copy and paste. Some were like that in the first Ships of the Line I think - (The Romulan Warbirds I think)

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New information: From Alex R at Pocket Books, per Mojo at Shore Leave...the book is on "indefinite hold" and they're discussing what to do with the material already produced.

To quote our favorite doctor: "It's dead, people...."

[Frown]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merde! [Mad]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps