Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » DS9 on DVD! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DS9 on DVD!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, stupid Germans, what have they ever accomplished? Blow them up, I say. Then the world will finally be free from the long tyranny of beery Oktoberfests and the constant threat of a Sprockets film. Like Damocles, Mike Myers hangs above our heads!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're a very, very, very strange person.

And you still are *not* the ...

_*CAT'S MEOW!*_

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BWC! You cannot fool me!
Prismatic Faye Valentine Fanboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magnus Pym Eye:
"i don't know about MOH, but RtCW made the nazi's some kind of cult for the German release. with green blood, i believe." -Prismatic Edipis Smilin' Faye Joe Valentine Fission Fanboy Reks.

nar, dude, nar.
IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What is it with moronic countries that purposefully try to forget their past mistakes?
Like the United States? Good question. [Smile]
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:

And no blood in MoH: Frontline.

Er, I don't think that any version of MOH has blood in it.

And what did they do about it anyway? Was it still a WWII game, or changed?

The US doesn't make mistakes anyway. It only has "tactical victories"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Er, I don't think that any version of MOH has blood in it.
A friend of me who played the US version told me that there were blood.

quote:
And what did they do about it anyway? Was it still a WWII game, or changed?
It starts with D-Day and then you've to go on some missions in France and the Netherlands to stopp a Nazi who is constructing a new aeroplane.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the plot was unchanged then.

I'm sure the UK verson doesn't have blood, but my mate has the PS2 at the moment. Damn him.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DS9 DVDs

Why I am happy: DS9! The package looks neat, and appears to be easier to manage than the unfolding TNG sets.

Why I am not happy: No commentary tracks?

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These, I will buy to keep.

There isn't commentary on the TNG discs, either. We'll have to wait for the four-hundred dollar boxed sets to get that. Probably.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooooh. I'm happy. Do the DVDs have the episode trailers on them?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps we can see the ships designed for the Wolf 359 battlescenes that was cut from The Emissary.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloopers would be good - I downloaded over Kazaa some DS9 bloopers season 1-3.

It's like 2 minutes long but it is VERY funny. I was always under the impression that the DS9 set was very serious - mainly because of Avery - on the Contrary - according to these Bloopers!! Avery's doing all the mucking around! LOL! *thinking about it*

Go download it.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

So what are we talking about here? New DS9 DVDs every two months?

Feb - Seas 1
April - Seas 2
June - Seas 3
Aug - Seas 4
Oct - Seas 5
Dec - Seas 6
Feb - Seas 7

?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Sol System:

quote:
Yeah, stupid Germans, what have they ever accomplished? Blow them up, I say. Then the world will finally be free from the long tyranny of beery Oktoberfests and the constant threat of a Sprockets film. Like Damocles, Mike Myers hangs above our heads!
I take it you were being sarcastic, hopefully. Anyway, the majority of Germans are quite angry about the fact of all the censorship going on. Politicians are the real culprits - as (almost) always. They think we can't deal with blood in PC games, Nazi symbols and the like.

I think that's silly. All a bunch of friggin' hypocrits. I say we should accept what happened in the past and not be afraid to show the facts on TV or wherever. Sure, our people did horrible things in those days, but that can't be changed by censoring films, games, etc. The more things are censored, the more fascinated people get with all those things that were censored.

Isn't it always the case? When something is forbidden it gets really interesting??

They should rather show everything uncensored to take away the mystery about it and use it as part of the education of our young people - to show them what happened and to teach the lesson that it should never happen again, not in this country or in any other!

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps