Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek Day

Author Topic: Star Trek Day
Omega 010
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Who here would be interested in supporting an official Star Trek Day? Now, you are probably wondering exactly what I mean. Well, an official Star Trek Day would give Star Trek fans an opportunity to celebrate and honour Gene Roddenberry's vision of the future. For further information, please visit www.captain.net or send your questions to the Captain via e-mail to [email protected]. Please post comments, too.
IP: Logged
Mycon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
A day to honor a TV series? How you're going to manage that? Gigantic conventions with 500'000 people who chant together "live long and prosper" and "praise to Roddenberry" ? I don't want to be sarcastic, and maybe I'm not "trekker" enough, but the idea of an semi-religious Trek day sounds a little bit exaggerated to me.

------------------
Mycon

IP: Logged
Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What date would be chosen for this, or would you just pull a month and day out of a hat?

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited July 29, 1999).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spam, spam, spam, spam!

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that like the lovely Star Wars day nobody heard about until after the fact.

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really can't tell if this is spam, because if it is, then you'd be in REALLY big trouble from CC the head honcho. Therefore I'm giving you a warning. Still, this thread will be locked.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps